White 1200. 4x4

On NAU campus in Flagstaff 

with historic plates....

20171109_130531.jpg

20171109_130545.jpg

20171109_130612.jpg

20171109_130651.jpg

18 hours ago, lightninboy said:

I wonder what wheels it's got. They had some oddball wheels back then.

Wheels?  Are we talking the bolt pattern or?  I acquired a 1200 crew cab 4x4 awhile back, along with two sets of tires, winter and summer. Didn't think anything strange about the wheels. Nice looking truck. Odd thing is, my fuel tank is on the pass side, not the driver's as is seen on this one. Wonder if this one has dual tanks?

I think what lighnin is referring to is the "big six" bolt pattern on some of the 1200's

(brake drums are getin real scarce for em')

PAUL - You driving that back home?  That rear bumper looks exactly like the factory bumper on my '87 F-150.

Little bubbling paint on the rear lower corner of the front fender exactly where Dad's '67 F-250 rusted out by 1971!  Amazing how fast cars/trucks used to rust out.

Nice looking old Binder!  You don't see one that nice any more.

I bought my first IH truck in Flagstaff in 1996, I still have it, Give Thanks

On 11/11/2017 at 12:34 PM, DOCTOR EVIL said:

PAUL - You driving that back home?  That rear bumper looks exactly like the factory bumper on my '87 F-150.

Little bubbling paint on the rear lower corner of the front fender exactly where Dad's '67 F-250 rusted out by 1971!  Amazing how fast cars/trucks used to rust out.

Nice looking old Binder!  You don't see one that nice any more.

NO  ,we. Visited friends who both work at NAU campus . Looks like the 1200 belongs to campus employee by  where it,s parked.

Yes that bumper looks familiar. 

If you ever out here, the hwy. 89A from  Flagstaff to Sedona is an awesome trip.

On 11/13/2017 at 9:17 PM, Rainman said:

If you ever out here, the hwy. 89A from  Flagstaff to Sedona is an awesome trip.

Wife and I were thru Flagstaff on our Rt 66 trip 5-6 years ago.  Our route paralleled I-40 real close in Arizona, some cases the Historic 1920's route was a service road of I-40.  Took 12 days to drive 5500 miles,  saw parts of 5 national parks.  We've been looking for an excuse to go back.  Won't make the mistake of going all the way to LA again!

Looks like 89A goes thru some great territory!  Wife & I love sight-seeing on roads like that!

5 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

Wife and I were thru Flagstaff on our Rt 66 trip 5-6 years ago.  Our route paralleled I-40 real close in Arizona, some cases the Historic 1920's route was a service road of I-40.  Took 12 days to drive 5500 miles,  saw parts of 5 national parks.  We've been looking for an excuse to go back.  Won't make the mistake of going all the way to LA again!

Looks like 89A goes thru some great territory!  Wife & I love sight-seeing on roads like that!

Sedona. ...

20171109_143754.jpg

20171109_143744.jpg

20171109_143818.jpg

Oh WOW!   We gotta get back out there.  We drove east then north up thru Utah from the Grand Canyon,  drove thru Moab to I-70 then east to Denver and I-80.  We missed 3/4ths of Utah and Wife and I agreed it was the one state we want to see more of.  Didn't see the Salt Flats or Salt Lake City.

We wasted over half a day driving down to Roswell, then had to fly low to get to LA.  Saw General Sherman, largest living thing on the planet, A Sequoia tree 350 ft tall.  Saw lots of fields of fruits and berrys in Californing.

Oklahoma was the best state for driving old Rt. 66 pavement.  They have a couple hundred miles of the original 1920 vintage pavement and bridges, fly along 65 mph legally.  What amazed me was the number of east bound piggy-back trains running along I-40.  About every 15 minutes another one goes by, hundreds of containers on each.