Sign in to follow this  
pt756

ice road manure hauking today!

so today we were going to haul manure all 8000 series john deeres and 52 hundred gallon houle tanks. we have a small hill to go up. I was driving the 8210 pretty nice tractor made it half way up and spun out and started to slide backwards a few feet, got it into park. so waited for the other tank to come and hook on the front both tractors locked up only had 100 feet or less to go and we made it to the top. that was kind of nerve wracking for me. 85 thousand pounds sliding backwards didn't look to good to me. grader roughed it up rest of day was good. cant imagine what we would do if we had some real hills to go up and down. would of made a good ice road trucking show.

I am dreading what problems we will have trying to finish hauling this fall. Half way done, weather looks awful. MUD :(

9 hours ago, bitty said:

I am dreading what problems we will have trying to finish hauling this fall. Half way done, weather looks awful. MUD :(

14* in northern Illinois this am ground is a little stiff....

Glad it turned out for you, I can imagine having the floatation for the work defeats the traction on mud. 

If it it was an ice road show you would have had the most important load of the year, to keep the regions milk supply going, and if you slide just 2 more inches the whole rig will fall into the ditch and ruin this years profits and bankrupt the farm, while risking life and limb.

They have a little bit of drama

3 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Glad it turned out for you, I can imagine having the floatation for the work defeats the traction on mud. 

If it it was an ice road show you would have had the most important load of the year, to keep the regions milk supply going, and if you slide just 2 more inches the whole rig will fall into the ditch and ruin this years profits and bankrupt the farm, while risking life and limb.

If those Ice Road Truckers spent more time concentrating on the road and less time looking at the cameraman, they would stay on the roads better!

5 hours ago, AKwelder said:

His is worse. Slide off side of road tanker over turns and spills manure. EPA, DEQ local media reporting about toxic spill that is going to contaminate nearby lakes, rivers, streams the town's drinking water supply.