Sign in to follow this  
cjf212

Help me start my channel!

My name is Cody Freeman. I am a 16 year old who takes a heavy interest in all things INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER. I have a 1971 cub cadet 108 with a 12 horse kohler in it (guess that makes it 1 128 :( ) that I use all the time for jobs around my house. I don't live on a farm, but I live next to a huge hay field, and there is a farm right across my back yard. I would appreciate it if you just check my channel out for me and share me around to help me get started. Come spring, there will be more videos, but since it is cold, kinda can't make anything interesting! Check me out and let me know how I do and where I can improve!

Btw..sorry my first video is shaky, not very technologically advanced in the modern world...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ40kAM33_4oyc8IvhBaDZQ My channel its self

Always great to see the young men gathering interest. 

Video was good till about the 3:50ish mark and I almost threw up!

Welcome CJF. 

You've got a great subject there with the old garden tractor but you could use a little editing. Try cutting out the stuff where the camera is out of focus or just aimed at the ground. Throw in a few clips of different camera angles to keep it interesting. A little narration or at least sub titles can help explain what you are doing too. I don't claim to be any authority on making videos but I've seen what works for others. Its a lot of fun and also a lot of work producing a video. 

cool...will try to get some editing software...any recommendations? Like I said...just getting started...will try to get better as I go when standing still or moving around on foot, I can take decent video, but its hard when I am moving. My yard isn't exactly flat or the smoothest, so when running in 3rd and about half throttle, going over some of those bumps makes it hard to keep steady, but again, I will try to get a better video...going to take some video of me mowing for hopefully the last time this year, one of these last few nice days. Would you guys rather see my 108 mowing (which requires me to rehang the deck) or use my zero turn (which requires me to get gas that I needed anyhow)...up to the viewers! Thanks for watching and don't forget to send the word out!

39 minutes ago, cjf212 said:

cool...will try to get some editing software...any recommendations? 

All I have ever used is what came with the computer. Windows live movie maker. There are probably better programs available but this one serves my needs for now and best of all it is free. 

Welcome to the forum! Thats one nice 108/128 you have there! Stick around theres much to be learned here. If you ever need a source for parts let me know I can help you out for most stuff. I had a 125 for awhile and now I mow with a 154 loboy. The cubs are one of the best garden tractors you will ever find! Stick with IH it will reward you!

Loboy.jpg.498a53d4496e17629a28fa57af48b017.jpg

Welcome, from another budding youtuber! I haven’t had time to watch the whole video yet, but the little bit I’ve seen so far this morning looks good! Keep it up!

as far as editing software goes, I use Movavi Video Suite 16; it’s probably not the best, and you have to pay for it (but there is a free trial or something like that.), but it works well for me. A day of fiddling around, and I was able to figure out most things on my own without needing a tutorial.

If you’re in the market for a camera like a GoPro, check out eBay, and do some research. I got an Olympus TG Tracker, and love it.

Great to see tractors, big or small, in their work clothes and being used for what they were meant for. You must be from the south. Those trees are still green. Cub Cadets can be contagious. At one time I had 39. Several were for parts, still several runners. I had one with the tiller, one with Haban sickle mower, one kept the snow blower all the time, another 2 with a blade, at least 4 with mower decks, one was dedicated to pulling a lawn vac, another I left a lawn sweeper on, even had one for garden tractor pulling. I have since downsized to "only 9".

Welcome to the forum. Good to see young people interested in old iron. Not bad for a first time out. If you get a chance checkout Loadstar (Roosty 6) or( plowed under productions,) can't remember which forum member he is on youtube and you can get an idea of what makes a good video. These guys have been doing videos for a long time and IMO have it down pretty good. There are others on here as well but my old brain can't remember'   Keep with it and it will come together.

Dennis

Actually, I took that video back in july I think...or june...don't remember, didn't take one after that because I was busy actually using it.....but I am from maryland, and right now it is 37 degrees, and here where I live, we get like no snow....going to pick up a set of crapsman weights this weekend, and hopefully i can find a cheap blade for the front. Otherwise, I have to hope our snow blower can handle what little snow we get or that one huge dangerous storm we get every couple of years. If we get snow, I will just drive my 108 around just to drive it. I have two videos up, but I think on sunday, If the ground isn't still wet, I will do the last cut. Might use my "zero turn" or might just rehang the deck on the 108 to make the last cut, even though that will take me like 3 hours to cut the whole thing (still fun, but its only gonna be 50 degrees and windy lol)

Another good channel to look up is welker farms Inc....top notch video work, really good family....