Sign in to follow this  
wally450

706 D310 frame rail length

Hi,  Does any body know off the top of their head or could some one measure the length of the frame rails (not including the adaptor plate) on their 706 D310 equipped tractor?  

Thanks in advance, Wally

How about an 806d or an 856?  I've got those.  It was my understanding that a later built 706d with the larger motor was the same length as an 806.   The 310 is indeed the bigger of the two motors right?  Earlier ones were 290somthing?    I researched that a tiny big when I found a local 706gas, clean and fairly cheap, thinking a bigger motir would go in easily.  Then I found out it might not. 

Looks like the 806D and 856 use different frame rails at least they show a different part number for them than the 706 D310.  The 826 looks to have the same frame rail part number 

Thanks

826 is 48.5 inches from the edge of the adapter to the end of the frame rail.  Eason

Oh good....because I forgot to look.  Although we had an 826 for 25 years, running right beside our 8o6, and I would have said they were/are the same length.  

706 with 263 gas engine - 46 3/8"

706 with 310 diesel engine - 48 1/2"

1 hour ago, Skagit Farmer said:

706 with 263 gas engine - 46 3/8"

706 with 310 diesel engine - 48 1/2"

Thanks for looking, I Picked up a set of 706 c291 frame rails this weekend and they measure right at 50"  I will have modify these for my engine swap

"About an inch and a half shorter than C291 rails" is the correct answer.

That was always the big hang-up whenever we came across a 310 or 358 to put in the 756...

6 hours ago, Matt Kirsch said:

"About an inch and a half shorter than C291 rails" is the correct answer.

That was always the big hang-up whenever we came across a 310 or 358 to put in the 756...

Yeah and it doesn't look as easy as taking an 1 1/2" off the front end.  I think the frame rail is shorter towards the rear ( if that makes sense).

Yes, you need to take the section out at the rear of the rail. If you cut it off in front you will mess up ALL of the bolt holes for everything... Bolster, front engine mounts, any loader mounting you may have, etc..