Sign in to follow this  
lowell66dart

1066 aftermarket fenders quality?

Anyone ever use any of the aftermarket fenders. I would like some opinions on quality. This is not for a restoration. I just like the look of a fender about a foot above the tire on a High Clear. I did some searches but didn't find anything. Down south where I live very few of the tractors came with fenders so finding them local is not yeilding anything. I haven't seen any used advertised so I am leaning aftermarket. One place has everthing I would need in primer for ~$700. I don't see many other options. If you don't want to offend any vendors by posting names a phone call would be appreciated. 225-206-444 three. Thanks.

I got a set from Abeline Machine and I don't have them on yet. I am going to put them on a two post ROPS so they need slight modification to look more closely like original. Mine are for a working tractor (1566 black stripe)

I kinda think they were less than that but I am not sure

The  fenders for the 56 series narrower on the top part and the mounting holes don't line up very good.Also had to tweak them so they look right.

I was looking at the one's from Worthington Ag. I just signed up at Abeline for news letters and I get free shipping on my next order. Two fenders, brackets and u bolts add up to some weight! Abeline does say restoration quality whatever that means.

Bitty are you happy with yours?

28 minutes ago, lowell66dart said:

I was looking at the one's from Worthington Ag. I just signed up at Abeline for news letters and I get free shipping on my next order. Two fenders, brackets and u bolts add up to some weight! Abeline does say restoration quality whatever that means.

Bitty are you happy with yours?

I think that they look OK. Someone mentioned the width of the aftermarket ones being different than OEM but it's for use in my case. We took off the factory cab in favor of a canopy. It will be winter before I got them mounted 

Steiner has two different sets of fenders you can buy. The first set is cheaper and is not dimensionally exact. They are a bit narrower. I think most people who buy them are putting them on working tractors and don't care what they look like so long as they are functional. They have to be painted also. The second style is significantly more expensive and are exact reproductions of the original. They are intended to be put on tractors being restored for showing at parades. They are also only painted with a primer. What I have said is straight out of the Steiner catalog. You can view them in the Steiner on line catalog and the photos can be enlarged by clicking on them. www.steinertractor.com  

Edited by George 2
error

2 hours ago, bitty said:

It will be winter before I got them mounted 

It's winter now! :lol:.   You had to have snow the other day, was white here.......

Just now, TP from Central PA said:

It's winter now! :lol:.   You had to have snow the other day, was white here.......

I have some pumping cow manure to finish before the winter projects start. Chopper and planter will but into the front of the line. I need some favorable field conditions

Thanks guys. Steiner is a ways from south Louisiana so shipping would be a killer. Abeline and Worthington are much closer to me. One more question. I am seeing two fender mounting plates. One is called a channel type and is more expensive. Anyone know what that's about?

The ones I have seen aftermarket were a little rough. Probably not any worse than a set of used fenders. They were a little wavy like. Looked like it would take a little prep work for me to be happy. But as far as how they were made strength wise they are fine. For a working tractor I'd buy a set. 

Buddy bought a set from Worthington for his take-off cab 1566.   They looked good.   One thing he had to add....looking from the back, there's a piece of sheet metal that reflectors are mounted to right beneath the top and rear of the fender.   The Worthington fenders did not come with it.

A&I has ones too...............I am pretty sure those are on my 1456, to resemble the OEM's good enough for me, I sit in the seat and go foward, not ride the axle and stare up at the fenders.

I pulled the trigger on the fenders, brackets and u bolts from Abeline. You can click on a details button for the fenders and see five or six actual pics. They look ok for what I need. The free shipping code worked also so that sealed the deal.

Hi guys - I went to check out the Steiner site via the link and ended up at an architects site also called steiner. 

Oh dear lol - gotta try getting to the right site a different way

Worthington has good aftermarket fenders and mounts for as good of price as I've found. I had A&I fenders on my 1466 and I wasn't impressed with them.