Bdse25

Carlisle tires

So I picked up some new rubber for the front of the H to replace the 35+ year old Goodyear’s that were on it. Bought Carlisle tires. $140 for the tires and tubes. Say made in the USA in big letters. Any thoughts on the quality? I’m getting tired of Chinese garbage. Last one I bought was a Sampson. They couldn’t even spell China. Just said Made in Chin. Two years later and they look worse than the 35 year old Goodyear’s on the other one

208CE165-EFD0-4253-A629-A55AD11A953C.jpeg

5C154E7F-FD03-473A-B74B-BACD67352E30.jpeg

I wondered if they had anything to do with our Carlisle but didn’t recall a tire plant there. I don’t make it there to often. Last time I was there I pulled a hay baler through downtown Harrisburg to avoid the interstate. Thanks for the link

1 hour ago, MTO said:

Carlisle Tires USED to be made in the great state of PA but... well, you can read the story.

http://www.tiresusa.com/carlisle-tires

I don't trust them.  I had an E rated Carlisle trailer tire blow out last month for no reason while hauling my utility tractor home.  It went off like a gun!  First real blow out I have had in 35 years of driving!  The tire was only about 5 years old, had 80% of its tread left, was properly inflated, had no sun checking and was well under its rated weight limit.  I had read reviews about blowouts on campers before I bought them to replace the worn out Goodyears that came on it, but there weren't many alternatives.  The Goodyears gave me years of good service until I hauled a D2 bulldozer and the tread began to separate.

I've used them with no problems.

Rick

39 minutes ago, Rawleigh99 said:

I don't trust them.  I had an E rated Carlisle trailer tire blow out last month for no reason while hauling my utility tractor home.  It went off like a gun!  First real blow out I have had in 35 years of driving!  The tire was only about 5 years old, had 80% of its tread left, was properly inflated, had no sun checking and was well under its rated weight limit.  I had read reviews about blowouts on campers before I bought them to replace the worn out Goodyears that came on it, but there weren't many alternatives.  The Goodyears gave me years of good service until I hauled a D2 bulldozer and the tread began to separate.

I see a LOT of trailer blowouts. All brands. Have never figured out why.  Some say the side thrusting they endure turning when loaded, dunno. 

Strange that you say few choices for a e rated trailer tire. 

Or maybe that`s all that particular dealer had. 

It was more limited choices here at that time.  Most others were Chinese or Indian, and I didn't want that!

I haul a lot of hay on a two axel 10000 lb trailer and equipment on a 3 axel 18000 lb trailer. Constantly suffering from blow outs. Carry two spares and jack cordless impact. Can change them in under 3 min. Like said above don’t know why. They will have good tread and no weather checking and just blow out. Not leak but fly into about 500 pieces

And it always happens on Saturday afternoon late . . .when everything is closed!

My issue with 10 plys was every flat was not repairable....after ruining 5 in 6 months I stepped up to 14 ply all steel belted... One issue since the valve stem caught on a chain that fell down and ripped valve stem out...it only had my Toyota on it wasn't that heavy only 9k or so...

Put a pair on front of Farmall 806 Gas a year ago. We don't use it much but haven't had a reason to say anything bad about them. Quite a few guys around here running their 11L-15, 9.5-15 tires on wagons and implements.

IMG_6621.JPG

Carlisle tractor fronts are fine. Have some on the front of a Super MTA that gets plenty of highway miles cause a friend drives it on rides. They're doing great. 

I personally will not use those ST tires of any brand.  I'm in the business of hauling scrap tires. One of my customers won't sell them. He calls them crap tires. 

I hope they aren't too bad. I just put two Carlyle tri ribs and new wheels on the front of my 856. I was surprised to see "Made in USA" on them. Best looking thing on the whole tractor. I guess time will tell...

20171023_182857.thumb.jpg.bd1e2ac377ca7da4394543695cc3204b.jpg

Well, "they" say to run trailer tires at MAX psi listed on sidewall [ load range F at 110 psi], never run over 65 mph [yeah right] and most blowouts are due to the thicker sidewalls not able to dissipate the heat generated BY the thicker sidewalls. 

I put a set on the front of my 1650 Oliver 10 years ago and still good and no flats. Tractor has the base weight and 2 slab weights plus the cast grille and heavy tub.

Dad's got Em on his h.   I have them on my hands and my m.  I'm gonna put Em on my a and other h.     I love them.  Wear great.  For the money.  Look good and last.  

Chris

What i like about Carlisle tri rib 11L15 and 10.00-16 is they have a wide center rib. Carlisle inner tubes are good, Firestones are the best but nothing beats tubeless. 

Just now, Rawleigh99 said:

I have a partial answer  the compounds and process are crap no matter country or MFG  govt and mfg want the $$$   slush funds cover it ,if anyone would ever succeed at a wrongful death  win

had 2 separate issues last year      before looking at ANYTHING else ,truck would not pass inspection by 3 yr date on tires (unsafe) BS!&*%^   E rating 18K on 70K 6yr warranty.

MFG has the 6yr warranty and devices for measuring.. anyhow they would not replace them (safe)....they are not DOT....still no inspection .. your certified miles says you did not go far enough to keep the compounds activated....  buy $50 ea nitrogen fill they will last 4 yrs....WTH ^&%

....bought the cheapest korean &^% and changed  stations

cattle trailer and equipment get about 600m a year and set out most of the year  ....they did pass inspection

however equipment tlr lost 6 in 2 months      4 being the matched set at 5 yrs the belts failed forcing 4x flex in side wall and 2x heat

they then cut into the side and go off like a moose gun..I drive slow so usually no one to get hit and can go about 1/4m to safe pull off

(if you feel an intermittent  slight hop or odd weave it is not the bad PA roads, 1 replacement failed within 100m  and another before 1K)

what 3 independent dealers have told me

1 the compounds/materials are crap run them every week.to keep stimulated....(truck runs 365 between farms)

2  kevlar and similar only has a life of 6 yrs (the belts)

3 keep them inside jacked up and covered

I have a couple of Carlisle combine and baler pickup tires (400x8) and they seem to have stood up pretty well. I'm finding some new tires really are poor though. Got some labelled "Eastone) on the cultivator and the sidewall split in a short time. After the 1981 Goodyears had been on there for 25 years or so. Not sure but I think the replacements are Samson so I will see how they last. 

The Chinese tire mentioned in my original post was Sampson. Literally only wrote Chin instead of China on the tire. Absolutely garbage. Granted they’re in manure everyday but after a few months sidewalls were badly cracked. Just waiting for them to blow out now. 

I've had to replace a few 10.00x15 tires on gravity boxes and some of them are Carlisle. No problems yet.

I hope they are good, put two sets of tri-ribs on this year. Have heard other complaints about their trailer tires.

We've got some Carlisle and haven't had any issues with them. For those of you having trouble with trailer tired, switch to either LT rated tires or some 19.5 heavy tires. There isn't a good ST rated tire out there.