Sign in to follow this  
bitty

7240 hydraulic problem

So the 7140 transmission system pressure light came on so we put the 7240 on the feed mixer yesterday . Now today it's got a hydraulic chatter to it sounds almost like a valve knocking or a rod knocking but it's in the Hydraulics clearly in the hydraulics. Is there any common issues with these that would mimic this problem. Tractor has 12,224 hours on it now, we got it with 5,051 on it back in '98. Has had no pump since we bought it. Only one that we ever had to put in a pump was the 7250 as it sheared off the input shaft iirc

Found a problem that solved it. Remote 3 had nothing hooked up to it and it was energized slightly. Cable must be going bad as it didn't center it's self. I am not sure how I didn't notice it. 

Glad to see it didn't take you very long to solve your problem bitty. Good job! Thanks for posting how you solved it. I always check this site first when I have an unusual mechanical problem and the when the problem is posted plus the resulting fix, I find it to be an invaluable resource.

We still have a slight noise that is getting worse. We think it damaged the pump? Dealer is supposed to come and do pressure tracks on our 7140 trans and then check things out on this hoping that they would be able to bring enough stuff to put a new pump on this or regulating valve or whatever it is that it needs and do it all at our shop one service call for two tractors

Well, that sucks. Hopefully it will be the cheaper of the possible fixes. Post back when you find out what it was.

14 minutes ago, ThirdGenRed said:

Well, that sucks. Hopefully it will be the cheaper of the possible fixes. Post back when you find out what it was.

I am hoping so although I can't really say these tractors have been bad to us given the hours they have