Sign in to follow this  
Pete1468

The most exciting rows!

Finished corn today at 3:30, I'm glad to be done as I've got enough dirt work jobs to do before the frost sets in.  My kids came out and rode the last couple rounds and my son drove the golf cart to give me a ride back to get the grain cart.  I didn't feel like walking a mile to get it.

KIMG0307.JPG

KIMG0308.JPG

Looooooong way across that field!

congrats pete! What did you run for yields,test weight and moisture?

They're over 3/4 mile long and take a bit of planning on how to haul corn away.  I'm not positive what the yield was as I had the monitor calibrated and there was a two legged gremlin in there that thought he calibrated it one last time.  It was 170, then it went to 200.  I'm believing the 170 before 200bpa.

Half way thru harvest it’s like am I ever gonna get done? Then you get excited you’re done then a couple days later it’s like I sure miss combining corn.

13 hours ago, jass1660 said:

Half way thru harvest it’s like am I ever gonna get done? Then you get excited you’re done then a couple days later it’s like I sure miss combining corn.

This,🎯👍

Yes, when the harvest is done that means winter isn't far behind. :(

I did my last 6 rows about the same time as Pete, close to 4 PM.

I just finished my last 6 at 1:30. Wish I had more.

2 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

last 6 rows about the same time

Can still recall about "life on the farm" when everybody's intent/hope was to "be finished with picking corn" by noon on Thanksgiving.  Corn picked by hand in those days.

best, randy

Guy I know says if you're done before Thanksgiving you don't farm enough.  I know that's one of the things I'm thankful for is being done before Thanksgiving.

Guy I’m helping still has over 400 acres of beans to do then about 1500 of corn.

Pete.   That golf cart wouldn't stand a chance up here in Minnesota.   It's so muddy you have to wait for frost at night to get anything done....

I am, they're still putting it into stock piles.  I've got more then enough to do without waiting on the few trucks they have running.

2 hours ago, nate said:

Pete.   That golf cart wouldn't stand a chance up here in Minnesota.   It's so muddy you have to wait for frost at night to get anything done....

That thing will go through lots of mud with the tractor lug tires on the back.