Sign in to follow this  
Binderdan

Plow identification

I made a deal on this plow for $400. I think I got a fair deal. Missing the wheel but I can find that.

No marking as to a make or model.  I think it might be a J.I. Case but I don't know. I want to see if I can get parts like shares and mold boards. It has what looks like a hydraulic motor to roll it rather than a ram like most I have seen. I hear Oliver made plows for other makes but I don't see a similar looking Oliver on Google search. 

Any ideas on what make and model it is?

20171107_171201.thumb.jpg.7856d198476cd337017ad62c21c65bef.jpg

I don't know who made it, but I would buy it from from you for what you have in it!

Moldboard looks like Case.   I bet the right-hand moldboards will have EX14 or EX16 stamped on the backside.

I can't help you with the plow's identity. I am wondering where it is located? It appears to be very dry. The moldboards look unprotected yet not rusty. Around here, a dew in the morning and then rusty by noon. 

49 minutes ago, 12_Guy said:

I can't help you with the plow's identity. I am wondering where it is located? It appears to be very dry. The moldboards look unprotected yet not rusty. Around here, a dew in the morning and then rusty by noon. 

I had the same thought.  

It is located here in southern New Mexico.  It is very dry here. I don't think this plow has been used in many years but you are right about it looking like it was recently used. You rust belt guys would be blown away working on western equipment.  Not much need for PB Blaster here.  I am originally from Indiana so I don't miss the rusty stuff.

1 hour ago, Binderdan said:

It is located here in southern New Mexico.  It is very dry here. I don't think this plow has been used in many years but you are right about it looking like it was recently used. You rust belt guys would be blown away working on western equipment.  Not much need for PB Blaster here.  I am originally from Indiana so I don't miss the rusty stuff.

Michigan to Montana here still have one Michigan vehicle zero value from rust...

My 01 dodge pickup that people seem to think rust out fast has assembly stickers that are legible....

Don't miss rust or salt in the least bit....

1 hour ago, mader656 said:

Michigan to Montana here still have one Michigan vehicle zero value from rust...

My 01 dodge pickup that people seem to think rust out fast has assembly stickers that are legible....

Don't miss rust or salt in the least bit....

What area from MI were you originally from?

Three rivers

15 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

What area from MI were you originally from?

18 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Three rivers

About an hr west of me. My friend works at AAM.

11 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

About an hr west of me. My friend works at AAM.

Grandpa retired from gm there, small world amazing that I used to think of a hour as a long trip....

Small world....

3 hours ago, mader656 said:

Three rivers

Heck I use to do deliveries in three rivers and Kalamazoo area.

Well I went to pick up the plow today and a few other things came home with me too... 

20171111_131849.thumb.jpg.c973ed3abea0bebac1438ec02bdb73e9.jpg

IHCPloughman was correct it had those stamped on the blades. So it must be a J.I. Case plow. Still not sure on a model. 

20171111_164215.thumb.jpg.ff35d10929785be7b6f6710afe7fed92.jpg

20171111_164226.thumb.jpg.6967da7f9d11f28619bcd528b46f2b8f.jpg

Ended up buying a 1964 John Deere 4020 diesel powershift.  And a Cub Cadet 122 as well. I think I did good today. There is the skeletal remains of a Farmall 450 LP for $300 I may go back for if I can justify it. Had a later model IH square baler too.