Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

Sad Day , Got to put German Short Hair Pointer Down

Just hard to say this , but , Elsa 14 had three seizure today , got the vet coming over(personal  friend) .just nothing else to do , just can't have her suffer falling down strairs , hitting her head etc. with the little Kidds here not good . We made the call . Going to get more Kleenex. 🐕😣

image.jpeg

Remember the great 14 years she gave you. Yes, this simply SUCKS!

I have one not far behind Elsa. 

Lost my good old black lab last summer. Have not replaced her yet. So sorry for your loss. Pets are family.

I feel your pain---

I had to do both of my dogs this past summer---

It takes a while to get over---

Mike

Sorry for your loss. My chocolate lab is getting up there in age. I hope to have a few more years with her.

560, She will always be in your heart, We had to put our Shorthair down two years ago, 15-1/2 years with her, went everywhere with me, followed me plowing, she loved the gophers, I feel for you.

Louie

Very tough thing to go through seeing them suffer. Pets are always one of a kind no matter what they are. 

Sorry for your loss. We have a 13 year old chocolate lab who is getting close to there also

Very sorry dennis. I fear our monkey won't be far behind. Has congestive heart failure and the meds are having trouble keeping up. They always remain in your heart and remember all dogs go to heaven!

Sorry to hear it man, prayers are with ya.

It sucks, I lost my 13 year old weim last Aug 2016. I still can't hardly stand to even think about her without breaking up. Best dog I've ever had and I've had some good ones. Cancer sucks.

My sympathies. 

I am a mess when I loose my dogs.  I got so upset I wrote a poem the last time I lost a dog (that is not something I do).  I have three dogs I have had 10 to 14 years.  I am trying to prepare myself but it will still kill me when I loose them.

Thx-Ace

Toughest decision to make, but we can end their suffering. I feel your pain, had to make that call just after Labor day. My 11 year old English Setter went into kidney failure and went downhill in just a week.

Think about all the good times!

Sorry for your loss. I only had 8 years with my yellow lab his name was Scooby. He went to work with me everyday. He was one of the best dogs in the world just like yours.He listened to a snap of the finger, loved all of the customers that came into the shop. He also cost us a lot of money by eating all kinds of stuff,rat poison when he was a pup , twisted stomach , garbage gut , had to have a doggy root canal which was $795 long story on that one. I do feel your pain like everyone else. My new lab is not anything like Scooby...he's still a work in progress! I still tell stories of how Scooby was the best dog !

Jason

Tough decision, but the right one.  Been there. Take some comfort knowing you gave her relief from her suffering.  Still sucks, though.

I've had to have 4 dogs put down in my life and it sure doesn't get easier. I always think I'm ready and then the tears come. But I'm not going to let them suffer just because I don't want to. You're in good company with the decision you are making.

It is the final act of kindness we can give our pets.  Nevertheless, it is so hard to part with our companions.  

May the memories of your time together bring you comfort from the pain of your loss.

Very sorry ,:(

I have given higher praise and respect for more dogs than most people I know.

It is hard to do but you don't want to see them suffer.

Remember the fun times and cry a lot.

We all have been there.