Sign in to follow this  
Missouri Mule

Moisture testers

I am looking for an inexpensive grain moisture tester. I mainly do wheat, beans, and corn. I don't do very much of any but I would like my own tester. I normally use my bil's down the road. He has a dickey john tester that a lot of guys run. It's a oval shaped off white with digital display. Can't remember model, but he has a couple. Anyway he sends them off a lot it seems like. I was looking at the  agritronics mt16 model. It seems reasonable and has good reviews. Any thoughts? Again I am not spending $500 on tester for 1,000 bushel of corn per year. I'll just do without if y'all don't think one of these 2 are any good. Anyone have one?

Have the mt 16. Works fine although the mill always seems to be a point or so lower than I am.  Not that that’s a bad thing

$500 for a moisture tester!?!? Now I'm kicking myself for selling this gem in its original box on ebay for $250. Figured some AC collector would want it. No wonder it sold so quickly. 

20161212_165543.thumb.jpg.451e89319479e7e31f19e1cc388c9cba.jpg

23 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

I am looking for an inexpensive grain moisture tester. I mainly do wheat, beans, and corn. I don't do very much of any but I would like my own tester. I normally use my bil's down the road. He has a dickey john tester that a lot of guys run. It's a oval shaped off white with digital display. Can't remember model, but he has a couple. Anyway he sends them off a lot it seems like. I was looking at the  agritronics mt16 model. It seems reasonable and has good reviews. Any thoughts? Again I am not spending $500 on tester for 1,000 bushel of corn per year. I'll just do without if y'all don't think one of these 2 are any good. Anyone have one?

We don't even check moisture any more. If elevator takes first load you pretty much know after that what it is.