Sign in to follow this  
Diesel Doctor

I want to know more about IH??????????????

If you could ask any question about IH, what would it be????????????

Like, how does a PTO work, explain hydrostatic steering, what happens inside a cream separator????????

What are the questions that make you go, "I want to know more about this?"

My first reaction to your question was; " How could you guys of lost such an iconic institution"? "You basically owned the industry with so many of your companies' firsts"

Tony

I'm fascinated by gas start diesel engines, and how half a dozen things work to make an engine run on different fuels.  I still like learning about how that works, and how difficult it would be to troubleshoot/repair one of them. 

I've also wanted to learn more about how mechanical T/As work, and how to repair one.  

I'd also like to learn about cotton pickers- being from the north I've never seen one outside of a museum.  

will Case IH go back to red and white. Looks better than red on black imo. That old paint scheme combine that went around looked really neat

20 minutes ago, Bdse25 said:

will Case IH go back to red and white. Looks better than red on black imo. That old paint scheme combine that went around looked really neat

Do you have a picture? I want to see that combine.. haven’t heard about it..

5 hours ago, Chuck1225 said:

It was at Agquip field days in NSW Australia in August. There is a thread on here somewhere with a picture. 

Why did IH spend a squillian developing the 88 series with a synchro transmission but not give you a foot throttle so you could change gears on the go whilst walking the tractor down the road???

7 hours ago, Chuck1225 said:

This is it. 

20934920_1768117393216642_1317868025188807833_o.jpg

My question would be "Why weren't all the records better preserved?" For example, what new tractors were shipped to each dealer and sold and when? And records to clear up some of the controversy and misconceptions about the early LP tractors?

10 hours ago, Diesel Doctor said:

If you could ask any question about IH, what would it be????????????

Like, how does a PTO work, explain hydrostatic steering, what happens inside a cream separator????????

What are the questions that make you go, "I want to know more about this?"

I wanna know how the McCormick milker was developed. I have an idea that it came from New Zealand but have not found the missing link to prove it yet.

12 hours ago, Bdse25 said:

X2

Why did you spend so much on construction equipment and just stay out of the construction line altogether 

Alan

13 hours ago, twostepn2001 said:

My question would be "Why weren't all the records better preserved?" For example, what new tractors were shipped to each dealer and sold and when? And records to clear up some of the controversy and misconceptions about the early LP tractors?

Ask case about that one. I heard during the merger/buyout they tried to destroy as much IH documentation as possible. As for my question it would be the same as tony's was. They were the leaders and they lost it all by resting on old technology when they could have moved forward and stayed ahead of JD. IMO like em or not the powershift really hurt em when they didnt come out with something similar and stuck with the ta.

14 hours ago, IHRedDrive said:

This is it. 

20934920_1768117393216642_1317868025188807833_o.jpg

This combine is simply glorious!

23 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

My first reaction to your question was; " How could you guys of lost such an iconic institution"? "You basically owned the industry with so many of your companies' firsts"

Tony

X2

The root of all evil, MONEY built and destroyed IH.

Dr.Juran said 80% of the problems in companies is bad management , money , production , innovation,  marketing , customer satisfaction,the whole box is management . IH good example , 🚜👎🏿👀🤓

thats what I think some companies make money despite bad management , but in the long run , no way they will encounter change and they all fail unless they take heed and implement necessary changes. 

Cylce is about ten years or less today .