maxxum 140

Trucking quotes

Neighbor called and wants me to haul a tractor for him.  The tractor is a 4440 and is 200 miles away I am wondering what the going rate for hauling equipment is?  I live in South Dakota and just wondering what others are charging around the country.

Oh no bought a 4440 can I ask where you are headed to?  We used to do some custom hauling but you never get enough to really cover expenses. I would say 3 dollars a mile minimum.  

Down here in the South East along I-10, best quote I got was $1.37 a loaded mile about 3 months ago for our 1206 shipped from New York.  My SIL and Uncle are both independent and don't go less than $2.25 loaded.  Remember, this is one-way with someone else paying for a load on the return. One way loaded with an empty return, you're spending your own money at that point. Locally here your gonna pay more for 200mi because that's still considered local with no return freight. Friend of mine had a tractor shipped about 100mi and it cost $50 initially and then about $3 per mile.  This was a large rollback. 

Mike  

My area quote is $3.50/ loaded mile with destination charge for empty or one way return run.

Out by mobridge

31 minutes ago, maxxum 140 said:

Out by mobridge

At least you would get to see some of the other side of the state if you hauled it for him. Some big ranch country in that area. 

I have used uship  for hauls and just price quotes for other LTL back hauls

that will give you a ball park     have not run the cost in 3 years but because I could be doing other things    guess my cost today would be $2.00 Mi  

thru dispatcher was able to schedule 4 weeks out   dedicated BH or LTL where they only wanted fuel or split $$ 3-4 x= $1.30-2m

but you want to do it.....so friend  x $5 hr x 10hr  $50

250 x 5mpg   50 x $3= $150

$.50 x 250m                      $125  = $325

Depends on how good a neighbor it is.

Don't forget some money to decontaminate the trailer after hauling a John Deere.

I just had a long distance equipment hauler, some malting equipment from near Calgary Alberta to my place in Mi.  $3 per loaded mile

I recently had a Hydro 186 hauled 190 miles for $850, in Northwest Ohio.

10 hours ago, maxxum 140 said:

Out by mobridge

Which way is the tractor from there?

Mike

I'm not sure I don't have all the details yet.  he just told me its at mobridge and was wondering what I would charge to go get it.  he said if he is going to pay someone to truck it he would just as soon me do it over a trucking outfit.  I work with him all the time on other stuff around the farm too.

1 hour ago, mikem said:

Which way is the tractor from there?

Mike

That's why is was wondering where it was also. My neighbor 200 some miles north of you guys has one for sale also. Thought maybe you were coming this way. 600 dollars plus him buying you lunch on the way makes for an excellent road trip. Your direct expenses would be about 300 dollars someplace in their and a road trip to boot.