Sign in to follow this  
pms1961

Red n Green

I like my red ones but I got a good deal on this 3020.Always wanted a 20 seies.Am I banned from RP now?lol

Paul

20171105_162007.jpg

20171105_162007.jpg

If it's a gear drive wait till you start using the loader with the clutch in and lose hydraulics!!

Good looking tractors.dont be afraid of the 3020. One of the most popular chore tractors out there. I want a late 3020 diesel one day.

Loader actually works well.Depends on how loader is plumbed into the hydraulic system.With clutch fully depressed or not loader is fast and responsive.

Paul

I had a 3020 gasser for a while, loved the tractor, but that engine was a gas guzzling turd!!  A diesel would have made a huge difference, that tractor would probably still be on my farm if it was a diesel.  Either way, nice pair of machines you have there.  I have always preferred red, but had a few green ones too.  I think you'll be ok...

Nice!  Is that a 46A loader on the 3020?  What year is the tractor?

You could always paint it red...........

10 minutes ago, EquipmentJunkie said:

Nice!  Is that a 46A loader on the 3020?  What year is the tractor?

I have a 35? Loader that looks similar except for the cobbled together tilt cylinder mounting

It's a late 1966 3020 diesel with a 46A loader ,tractor has 5700 hours.Bought it from a friends estate sale.Also has front hydraulic couplers for a cultivator.

Paul

Thanks for the info.  Looks to be in nice shape.  Healthy rubber on the rear!
My uncle had a 3020 gas, synchro range w/ a narrow front.  I've always been a diesel, wide front, and PS kind of guy.  I still have a soft spot for 3020s.

Both very nice tractors I would like to buy either one or both from you if I had the money. The transmission pump stops with clutch depressed but the oil cooler holds a little bit of oil usually enough to cycle loader a time or 2 by that time you have it in another gear. Whatever you do don't replace the pipes with hoses along the tractor. The transfer pipe going from filter to pump input is a 1 pipe. Lots of people replace with 3/4 inch hose. That effectively reduces hyd capacity by at least 2/3s. The output side doesn't matter as much but that left side pipe is crucial to be big enough.