MTO

Inversion tables

I know it`s not a tractor or implement but I`m in the market for one of these.

I see them from $100 to $500 but my question is do they help?

Everybody has smashed discs sooner or later which is my issue AND my wife`s. 

Doc wants to cut her. 

In my case it worked like magic. In 1987 while in high school, I hurt my back. Mom took me to the Dr. and he gave me prescription and said a chiropractor couldn't help me.  We believed him and never went to one. About 4 or 5 times a year I would aggravate it by stepping off a curb or stepping in a dug out gopher hole in the pasture or bending over working on something. I had to sleep a certain way all the time and putting on socks every morning was a challenge. One day about 5-6 years ago I was desperate and ordered one off of Amazon. I got it a couple of days later, put it together and climbed on it. Over I went and heard and felt 3 clunks in my lower back. I hung there for about a minute and righted myself. I felt good right away. The next morning I could put my socks on with no pain. I've never HAD to go back on it, but I have about 5 times for the heck of it. I won't tell you it will work in your case, but it worked wonders in my case. The one it got cost about $150ish. I should've found someone the had one and tried it, but I say it was the best money I've ever spent.

Any local places have these. I’d love to try one. Whiskey only works so long and it still hurts 

Surely someone around you has one collecting dust or being used as a coat rack that would let you try it. I don’t have one but if I did... 

i also have a bad disc in my back. I never believed in chiropractors. Still am a skeptic. But after I couldn’t take it anymore (Drs were not helping and wanted to cut) my wife talked me into trying a chiropractor. The first visit he took x-rays and tried to pop my back with no success. He told me to come back the next day and I did. He put me on the table, bent me like a pretzel and cracked my spine. I walked out a new man. I don’t know if they can help you but he did help me.

They work. I know numerous people that use them. The key is to start slow and build up to vertical. Next thing is to still use them even though your back isn't hurting because it helps build up tissue and relive stress on your discs. I really read up on them for Dad to see because he was a 2-3 stop a month at the chiropractor but he got sick and never got to use it much to see. 

Dont let them cut her until you have exhausted all other options or unless she just can't stand it. I also know several others that went that route and later on down the road wish they hadn't. 

My wife was told to get one a few years back for a bad disc and pretty much recovered from it. We just had a cheap one ,probably $100. Whole family uses ours whenever they feel the need and usually have positive results. If my back begins to feel off I usually try it. Most times it helps but sometimes I'll say I should not have done that. Wives Doc gave me some exercises to do and if I do them regular and when I begin to feel something coming on, I get by pretty well. Some mornings I'll wake up and say crap its going to be one of those days, but if I force myself to do my exercises I'm usually good to go. If you get A TABLE TAKE IT EASY AT FIRST AND BE READY FOR A LOT OF SNAP, CRACKLES AND POPS. Most are good by far, but a few times I wish I had not used it.

A friend has one, I was there one day and looking at it I thought I would try it out.  Over the years I have been tough on the old back like the rest of Us have.  Looped out dirt bikes two times that I landed HARD on butt jamming everything up.  So with that tidbit tucked in the back of My mind along with how bad I felt like a good stretch of the spine would feel good I climbed on.   Not one to do anything slow I spun it around all the way hanging by only the ankles.  Didn't pop like I hoped and wasn't as pleasant as I wanted either.  After that I noticed after sitting for a while leg would go to sleep.  Feel pretty sure I opened up a gap and put a nerve in a bind.  That went away after a few months and never got back on it.  Wish I could have got on a few more times right after to see if it needed a few to work.  I can sure see how it could help some issues.

I have a Teeter hang up and they do work. I have problems with L3, L4, L5 disc and will be going in for a spinal fusion after first of year. Like many on here I'm sure, I have tried everything, pills, whiskey, stretching exercises, a back brace, spinal injections and changed a lot about how I do things to keep it to a manageable level. The inversion table has given me more relief than almost everything else combined, not to mention it just feels good to get stretched out. Use mine regularly and been very happy with it and much cheaper than a lot of other things I have tried that the Dr recommended.

And Missouri mule is right, start slow and build up to being totally verticle. Otherwise it could be an unpleasant experience.

10 minutes ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

And Missouri mule is right, start slow and build up to being totally verticle. Otherwise it could be an unpleasant experience.

X2

Good friend has had three or four disks collapsed had a couple fused, then found a really good chiropractor, who put him in some machine that stretched his back and actually allowed the disks to heal...and used a inverion table worked wonders for him on the second set of disks....

Our mechanic has one and I borrowed it last summer. It helped me some but mine was upper back out of alignment. I ended up going to the chiropractor to get fixed for the most part. Important to have someone there to set you back up as I had trouble..... I think it would be a problem for Dolly also ;)

Mine doesn't fix me very often, but that's probably because I don't think to use it until I'm hurting. By then I'm too tight to get it to move. But when I use it on time and get my back to move, it is a glorious feeling!

Sore lower back this a.m. even after seeing chiro Friday. Have not been on my Teeters Hang Up for quite long while. Wife  said need to get it out of spare room ( so her stuff  can stay up stairs ).  Well with your reminder,  I proceeded to get it set up (in the basement) and did a couple brief swings to vertical.  Now I'm good as ever,  Thanks MTO!!  :D

P.S> I bought it off Craigslist for $100  about 10 years ago.

Facebook also has For Sale listing in local areas.

MTO: I had lower back issues. Tried doctor and chiropractor, even shots in back with no luck. Had a person using an inversion table and told me she had great results with her back. I bought one ($ 150.00) and started working on it each night after coming in from work. Used it each night for about a month and felt great, I stopped using it for a while and would use it a couple times a month and then gradually stopped completely. I found I didn't need it any more and ending up selling it on CL. If back starts hurting again in same location I'd be tempted to locate an inversion table to rent or borrow again. I believe in them.  Good luck and hope you and Mrs get backs straightened out.     Pembroke

How long do you hang on them each time?

I don't have much in the way of back problems, but for the last four years I've gone to a really good chiropractor/holistic doctor who I see every 6 - 8 weeks. He does a little manipulation and I never really have any back issues to speak of.

If the old back feels a little tight after I've done some unusual contortions under a sink or getting in and out of an attic, I take his advice and hang by my hands (pull-up style) from a bar for a minute or two. Sometimes with my feet off the floor, sometimes not. Feels pretty good.

I've always thought the tables were interesting. Glad to see positive results from them - nice to know of anything that helps.

Neighbor hung himself upside down from his skidloader.... I would not try that at home. He said it hurt his ankles

Definitely you.

The Munsters Gallery.jpg

32 minutes ago, exSW said:

Definitely you.

The Munsters Gallery.jpg

Aw now, that was hurtful...

11 hours ago, oneharvester said:

How long do you hang on them each time?

I usually tried to stay upside down for about 3 min. sometimes as much as 5 min.  I started out at 2 min and worked my way up. The key is to do everyday.

My girl friend has one of those,  It's for your back?

Learn something every day.

4 hours ago, lorenzo said:

My girl friend has one of those,  It's for your back?

Learn something every day.

Good grief.......only loren.

:lol::lol::lol::D