hank1010

TD6 Magneto firing order

So I checked my linkage, and it looks to be correct.  I am still having a slight issue with the lever release, but I can hold it down for now.  I am going to turn to the firing order on the Mag.  Maybe I have some wires switched.  Anyone know the correct firing order for the Magneto ignition?  and what are the cylinder numbers, from front to back?  I seem to have found some conflicting info on line, and what pictures i see...

No.1 is the front cylinder, then 2,3,4, firing order is 1-3-4-2.

The firing order is 1-3-4-2 with 1 being closest to your seat.  I believe the rotor turns counter clockwise on the Diesel engines. The mag itself continuesly makes spark, and you just need to be sure that the spark is heading out of the cap in the correct order to the correct plug.  Technically 1 could be at any one of the ports in the cap as long as the rest follow in order 3-4-2 in the counter clockwise direction.  

I belive this is correct, I’m going off a bit of memory work, so if someone else confirms this I’d feel  better.  Last thing I want to do is steer someone in the wrong direction.  Hope it helps 

Number 1 cylinder is closest to radiator ,  Magneto turns CCW, (on TD6)  firing order 1342 ,  Magneto has points and should be an international  -  H4 .

#1 should be embossed on cap .    Of course assuming stock oem magneto.

GSS-5035 Service Manual Magnetos

59ff50d4c80a5_td6firingorderih.thumb.jpg.66b6a91e71e2e66acf7d0839aea248da.jpg

Mag serial number should have a -D

MagnetoMarkings.jpg.3af49b77a52ef0a69691067b745d6d3a.jpg