Sign in to follow this  
hanniedog

Time change

Haha! Saskatchewan doesn't do that foolishness!

50 minutes ago, hanniedog said:

Allow me to be the first to say it sucks as usual. 

That is very well stated!!

When you work nights it’s no big deal.

The extra hour of sleep was nice.

Instead of getting my wife up for work at 0230 it was 0330 :D

Mike

I don't get what all the fuss is about. I actually like how they do it but the farther north you go the shorter your days are or longer in the summer. In June it would be stupid to have light at 4:00 am and dark at 9:30. So we jump ahead one hour giving us daylight from 5am to 10:20pm at the longest day the farther north the more daylight you get.Now in the winter you have normal time and we have light from 7:50 am to approximately.5:10 at shortest day. 

Time change? What time change? Sorry but I can't resist. As someone  whose day begins and ends based on daylight, than it is by the clock, I really don't see any point to changing clocks twice a  year. Glad we don't have to.

Wish it would stay this way year round.:wub:

Or adjust by half hour , Each proponent would have a little to rejoice  and JUST LEAVE IT !

BUUT Government needs to mettle .:ph34r:

Only a bureaucrat would make you believe that if you cut a foot off top of blanket and sew it to bottom you have a longer or shorter blanket .:unsure:

Tony

Wasn't bad when you had one old pendulum clock on the mantle , just reach up and move the one hand. Now, stoves and coffee makers have clocks, and cars and trucks, ****, it takes an electronic wizard to figure out how to get them all reading the same! Well, that or a 12 year old kid.

59 minutes ago, tony in ca. said:

Wish it would stay this way year round.:wub:

Or adjust by half hour , Each proponent would have a little to rejoice  and JUST LEAVE IT !

BUUT Government needs to mettle .:ph34r:

Only a bureaucrat would make you believe that if you cut a foot off top of blanket and sew it to bottom you have a longer or shorter blanket .:unsure:

Tony

You guys down south or even in southern mn  don't notice it as much. Here with real short daylight in winter regular time is nice. In summer time daylight savings sure lines up sunlight to working hours. Like I said before in end April through July our daylight lines up from 5 am to around10:30pm. With daylight savings it lines up our harvest time nicely with sunshine conditions

Someone once told me that only a city man could cut a foot off a blanket and sew it on the the other end and believe he has a long blanket... I'm in the pick a time and leave it group 

I'm on solar power is rather have more evening light than morning light, use more power in evenings.

I don't mind the fall time change. The change in the spring is harder for me to get used to.

13 minutes ago, FarmallFan said:

I don't mind the fall time change. The change in the spring is harder for me to get used to.

I agree BJ, it is for me as well. I like the change to half hour and leave it idea.

I would like to have it not change at all also...... however this morning it helped me catch up with 15 minutes of sleep I have been missing

Dad's cousin always ran on " cow time" don't remember which it was but they didn't move the clocks. I always thought they ate at weird times, made appointments complicated too, but it was easier than explaining it to the cows 

She has 2 or 3 clocks in every room...

guess what I`m STILL doing... sigh. 

17 hours ago, jass1660 said:

When you work nights it’s no big deal.

Yup... no matter what it is dark when I leave and dark when I get home.

I like this.

13 hours ago, ChrisNY said:

I agree BJ, it is for me as well. I like the change to half hour and leave it idea.

Some of the New England states are contemplating moving to Atlantic time and doing away with daylight saving time. We're on the far eastern edge of the time zone and the switch back to standard time is the killer. It's dark so early it takes all the ambition out of you. Somehow darkness in the morning doesn't seem as bad. I'm constantly moving across multiple zones which seems to have given my internal clock a bit more flexibility - to a point. I still don't like far east or around-the-world trips.

I'm all for switching to Atlantic time but they haven't asked me. It seems that some states are lurking, waiting for others to make the move. I think it's Massachusetts that says it'll move if the rest of New  England goes AND New York. I don't think they'll get NY so it's probably dead.

At our place in Maine sunset today is 4:18 pm. If it were Atlantic time it would be 5:18 only 18 minutes later than EST here in Pa!

I got a clock radio that changes automatically, great for keeping the alarm on time!  I just get tired of leaving home in the dark and getting home in the dark.

5 hours ago, f30puller said:

Yup... no matter what it is dark when I leave and dark when I get home.

I get some morning light now at least. Start at 2115 usually get done around 0900.

I had a friend who milked cows and NEVER changed clocks no matter what. Easier on cows he said. I don't like changing but Gov says change soooo.....

8 hours ago, New Englander said:

switching to Atlantic time

Thinking that you're aviation type, wonder'n if you've been into Newfoundland, we used to go into Stephenville (Harmon) and St. John's (Pepperill)  and the "Goofy Newfy's" time, half hour.

best, randy