James Wilson

SC, C tractors

I just got my Cs, and i am sad because sitting that hight up driving them makes my vertigo kick in. I am going to fall off and get hurt. Not a matter of if, it is when. I have two SC with fast hitch, one is WF, FH and i have a SC LP gas to go with that one. SC all fuel with FH all the all fuel system is there, every thing that you see in the manual. Plow and cultervator go with it. One C with cultervators, and one C with three point hitch. Good sheet metal. I think i will start them on  ebay in a week or two. If any forum member want pictures let me know before i put them on ebay.

so you just purchased 4 of these...?

just got them to home since diagnosis ?

didnt you try one out?

maybe some fenders would help   as only the cub or a would be shorter

That's a shame ,good luck with what ever you decide 

I disc five acres with one to plant some wheat. I got a little off balance at times. A seat with a back would help some, but would be hard to get on the tractor. Fenders on these tractors are lower than the seat. A 404 would be good.

I don't have a vertigo problem on either of my Farmalls, stage II Super H & M,  neither have fenders, but I put a white Tombstone seat like the hyd seat option on a 56-series tractor on the Super H I run the most.  4 inches of cushy foam rubber on seat bottom and backrest and 2 inches on both fold-down arm rests.  It was easy to install, seven 3/8" bolts threaded into the seat bottom hold a 3/8" plate to the seat and the plate bolts to the seat base on the battery box seat just like your Super C has.  Having a tall seat back and arm rests should keep you in balance.

Thanks Doctor Evil, I will look at one of those.

I guess I don't have a good understanding of vertigo ( I know what it is) but it seems as though there must be some way to adapt to make them work for you. Is it that your out in space without something around you to orient yourself?

how about a ROPS and a seat belt? Might solve 2 problems 

Thing about vertigo is when you have an episode of it, you suddenly lose all sense of balance. If you're standing up, you fall over. If you're sitting, you have to grab something to keep from slumping over. See how this could be very bad if you have an attack while perched high on an old row crop Farmall, while pulling a disc or something?

Kinda sad, I have fond memories of a SC.

Rick

Low sittig tractors are better, like a ford where you are sitting where you can lean on the fenders. I have a 4000 and a 2000 loader tractor that i work. I was driving one of the SCs friday to move a boat trailer which i am going to used to feed round Rolls of hay off of. I had to hold on to the hydraulic qurant to feel safe.I think that a seat with a arm rest would help.