Super A

Have you ever been stiffed purchasing parts online?

I won't go into a whole lot of detail for the sake of time, but long story short I purchased some parts (non-IH) through a FB auction site back in April.  Paid with Paypal, and then there kept being reasons (working 25 hours a day, etc.) why  the parts were not being sent.  Finally after several months of this I asked for my money back.  Sooo.....the money is "supposed"to be on my way and in my hands by Monday, (guy "no longer uses paypal....") but I have my doubts.  I'm in NC and he's in IN.  The first thing I did was talk to the group admin and he contacted the guy, same sob story, etc.  I found out I'm not the first one this has happened to.  Admin banned him fro the group.  Is there any thing I can do from a legal standpoint to get my money back, that won't cost me more than the actual money the guy owes me?  (It was about $300 worth of parts.)    I have been buying parts, tractors and implements via email, ebay, facebook, RP Magazine classifieds, other tractor websites, etc. for a long time and this is the first time I've ever been cheated.  I guess there's a first time for everything.

What would you do?

thanks,

Al

I did. Guy in Kansas, eBay, Aragon or something like that was the name. Farmall parts ......

Grrrrrrr

If paypal was used to pay for parts , they should help you (unless you used "send money to friends and family")

6 minutes ago, Kevingweq said:

If paypal was used to pay for parts , they should help you (unless you used "send money to friends and family")

I used PayPal but I had gotten a few items and was bidding on a few more. Everything was supposed to be shipped on the same pallet. By the time I received the bad end of the deal they have a time frame for complaints. It supposed to have shipped and it didn't and then the time expired....

Had one on eBay. Paid through PayPal. Was getting a pitching machine for the oldest boy. Never got it. Only got a small portion of the money back. People had filed for bankruptcy before we bought it. Got a letter from their bankruptcy lawyer. Listed people all over the world they had  done the same thing to. Haven't bought off eBay or used PayPal since.

USPS lost  hydraulic valve I bought off eBay. I received a bag with my shipping label cut out of the box the valve was in and a letter from the USPS saying my part had been lost during transit. Never got a dime for it even though they told me they lost it even after 2-3 appeals along with my proof of purchase. Don’t us USPS anymore.