Sign in to follow this  
FarmerFixEmUp

Older Equipment Earning it's Keep

1 minute ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Your Parker looks like a busy little guy!  Mine is 12.

Yes he didn't want to go to daycare anymore so since sept 15 I have been taking care of him during the day. He is wild and fearless. The picture on back of combine was super windy day while I was fueling it. He found a spot to tuck in out of wind. Today is the older boy Connor birthday he is 12 today.

Almost forgot my 460 I bought from a customer who didn't want to fix it. The splines are bad on the TA input shaft. It's been sitting there split  for 2 years now. 

KIMG0464.thumb.JPG.66479184c8098de48398986b0b5c242d.JPG

2 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Almost forgot my 460 I bought from a customer who didn't want to fix it. The splines are bad on the TA input shaft. It's been sitting there split  for 2 years now. 

KIMG0464.thumb.JPG.66479184c8098de48398986b0b5c242d.JPG

This needs to be fixed and free up shop floor space.  That place is way to nice to let one sit that long.  I do know how that goes, had a D3C engine apart for a year so no stones thrown from here.

I thought I was the only one that let projects go on a lot longer then they should.  I have a Case 500 that has been split into three pieces going on winter number three in the shop.  I just got the parts in to start putting in the new crankshaft it needed so hopefully it will get done. 

I have had all the parts and machine work done on this one for longer thatn I want to think about.  In fact I should go down and start on it since it rained us out here.  Sorry for the highjack.

2 hours ago, dale560 said:

Yes he didn't want to go to daycare anymore so since sept 15 I have been taking care of him during the day. He is wild and fearless. The picture on back of combine was super windy day while I was fueling it. He found a spot to tuck in out of wind. Today is the older boy Connor birthday he is 12 today.

Two wins by not sending your boy to daycare. 1, cost savings 2, he gets to learn new things helping dad.

43 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Two wins by not sending your boy to daycare. 1, cost savings 2, he gets to learn new things helping dad.

Cost was biggest thing and he has learned most of the swear words by now. Yesterday morning we discussed Santa Claus and putting a telescope in the barn haymow so he could see the North Pole and reindeer flying to the moon. The other day got out of pickup to talk to buddy he unbuckled and you just heard the dreaded click. Doors locked and he is covering his face giggling inside. After couple minutes of coaxing he unlocked door. Trips to elevator or any place usually end up with him getting candy or pop from people. You always take more time with the last one.