Sign in to follow this  
FarmerFixEmUp

Older Equipment Earning it's Keep

Recommended Posts

I harvested 10 wagon loads of corn yesterday afternoon and evening. Probably just under 3000 bushels. So this morning I augered it all up into the dryer bin. The moisture varies from 15.5% to around 18% I've been hearing yields in the area around 210 to 240! Not sure about mine, no yield monitor.  The Pioneer rep may be coming out with a weigh wagon sometime to do a yield check.  I left 6 rows of 2 different hybrids . 

KIMG0451.thumb.JPG.027b53525e44f4f7252251b1b19ea849.JPG

 

This is about the hardest work besides moving snow the 756 does anymore. It's time for an oil change, 100 hours since May of 2014. KIMG0455.thumb.JPG.3c72c185c0e1406c089b86358530bfb6.JPG

KIMG0453.thumb.JPG.5aec1bfc3e0e369ab3d890661f50aa8d.JPGKIMG0454.thumb.JPG.0bc1893d8402e31c63363b444a962ca3.JPGKIMG0456.thumb.JPG.e9565d07583055b3afa2c8f41b59de6a.JPGKIMG0457.thumb.JPG.07de44094d73a6da7f6e391f0a967fe8.JPG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

KIMG0458.JPG

This is my youngest son's favorite wagon, they're both named Parker!

 

KIMG0460.thumb.JPG.41e2db9ed4009f8a9c181de9e0d9af56.JPG

My dog must think she's a pig, she likes eating corn!

KIMG0459.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What did you end up doing with your auger?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My insurance paid me out $2000 for the sprayer and auger, had a $1000 deductible so they valued the 2 at $3000. My neighbor bought it and the cut about 5 feet out of the tube and auger and welded it back together. So it's now a 61' auger and it reaches his 6 ring bin. I bought the Westfield in the pictures that is an 8" x 71'. Works fine. The Westfields aren't so tipsy like the Sudenga was because of the support under the tube.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boy, if a kernel of corn had a gopro on it to show it`s journey from the ear to it`s final destination. Whew!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MTO said:

from the ear to it`s final destination

The last bit of video ---well ,Let's just say it would not be pretty ,   The kernels do come out whole from what I've seen .:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kevingweq said:

The last bit of video ---well ,Let's just say it would not be pretty ,   The kernels do come out whole from what I've seen .:D

YUUUUUCK! I`m talking FIELD corn man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MTO said:

I`m talking FIELD corn man

The corn I eat comes from a field , ( picked it myself ) Damn near got lost .I thought "Corn Maze" meant indian corn :)

  around these parts we call it "cow corn" when it's not for eatin

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here it`s "field" or "sweet".

But Obummer did say western Pa people were just beer drinkin/gun totin/bible beaters...

And FFEU has a lot of loaders on that farm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MTO said:

Here it`s "field" or "sweet".

But Obummer did say western Pa people were just beer drinkin/gun totin/bible beaters...

And FFEU has a lot of loaders on that farm!

Just 2 loaders, and a non running skid loader I need to get running!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice straight old workhorses you have there!    Thanks for the pics.  

Nate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MTO said:

Here it`s "field" or "sweet".

But Obummer did say western Pa people were just beer drinkin/gun totin/bible beaters...

And FFEU has a lot of loaders on that farm!

I like BEER!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nate said:

Some nice straight old workhorses you have there!    Thanks for the pics.  

Nate

Thanks, I have a 706 and 806 too, both diesels. 1066 and a 5288 and 5488 are the main workhorses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Thanks, I have a 706 and 806 too, both diesels. 1066 and a 5288 and 5488 are the main workhorses. 

You got one of the 88s out of North Dakota didn't you? How did it turn out?looks good just started corn tonite. Ours isn't all that great this year. Everyone is talking about 100 bpa down from 145 160 last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the 5488 came from Williston. Not a bad tractor. I had to buy dual hubs, rims and tires and a front weight bracket. It still needs to have a new cab interior and the park lock and shift linkage have issues. The dealer at Williston replaced the hydraulic pump  with a Case IH reman and it had a  leak on the compensator. The local dealer here got it warrantied but I had to replace the whole pump. The one I got for warranty also leaked in the same place. So they got me another one. So far this one is dry. 

KIMG0123.thumb.JPG.bb10d56a6beb170edbe39370c0fbe92a.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Yes, the 5488 came from Williston. Not a bad tractor. I had to buy dual hubs, rims and tires and a front weight bracket. It still needs to have a new cab interior and the park lock and shift linkage have issues. The dealer at Williston replaced the hydraulic pump  with a Case IH reman and it had a  leak on the compensator. The local dealer here got it warrantied but I had to replace the whole pump. The one I got for warranty also leaked in the same place. So they got me another one. So far this one is dry. 

KIMG0123.thumb.JPG.bb10d56a6beb170edbe39370c0fbe92a.JPG

Eye candy :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dale560 said:

This is my youngest Parker helping out. He is 3 1/2 going on 30.

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

Is he the one that had health issues?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Is he the one that had health issues?

No this is our youngest one. Our older boy Connor had pancreas surgery going on 2 years now. Before and after surgery pictures. The last one is his make a wish trip Disney Cruise

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 5488 is beautiful, but I do like the work clothes ones too! Great to see them all working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dale560 said:

No this is our youngest one. Our older boy Connor had pancreas surgery going on 2 years now. Before and after surgery pictures. The last one is his make a wish trip Disney Cruise

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looking good Dale. Still sending prayers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks  I don't know if you can see the difference in his color between two pictures. The blue shirt is one year after surgery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FarmerFixEmUp said:

Yes, the 5488 came from Williston. Not a bad tractor. I had to buy dual hubs, rims and tires and a front weight bracket. It still needs to have a new cab interior and the park lock and shift linkage have issues. The dealer at Williston replaced the hydraulic pump  with a Case IH reman and it had a  leak on the compensator. The local dealer here got it warrantied but I had to replace the whole pump. The one I got for warranty also leaked in the same place. So they got me another one. So far this one is dry. 

KIMG0123.thumb.JPG.bb10d56a6beb170edbe39370c0fbe92a.JPG

Did you have to do anything paint wise or just wax it up. The area it came out of was strong ihc country and white , mm Oliver. Now John Deere has taken over plus agco challenger is giving both a run up here to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, dale560 said:

Did you have to do anything paint wise or just wax it up. The area it came out of was strong ihc country and white , mm Oliver. Now John Deere has taken over plus agco challenger is giving both a run up here to.

It had been painted before but was really dull. I had a friend at a body shop buff it out last spring. The black really should be repainted. My 5288 has the air/oil hydraulic seat and rides a lot better than the older style hydraulic seat in the 5488. I should convert it or go to an air seat sometime.  And the 20.8x38 bias tires are a lot rougher ride when hauling grain than the 18.4x42 radials on the 5288. 

This is the 5488 before having the paint buffed. 

KIMG0057.thumb.JPG.a154e9ac4a52823dc3aa0c5f19c8836a.JPG

 

One of my 5288 after a summer cleanup. Took the duals off to haul grain since the 1066 is laid up waiting for a TA. 

 

150404_002.thumb.jpg.c13c4f231f889a3c40bfc7b056d1177c.jpg

1066 patiently waiting in my shop.

KIMG0381.thumb.JPG.81630937fe0f7a7c84ff728f2850bb33.JPG

A shot of it in the field attire. 

140505_008.thumb.jpg.013111d42631be4067405e57d7b43817.jpg

 

This is my dad the last time he got on a tractor. My 706 diesel. He passed away just over 2 months later. From pancreatic cancer. 

160813_002.thumb.jpg.3de7c6253058c2cf7b56e027975d3a05.jpg

The 806 my dad bought in 1971 with about 1500 hours on it. Our big horse for a long time. Then he bought the 1066 I have now. The 806 has over 16000 hours on the meter now. 

160201_002.thumb.jpg.d3d4e80335514a6514d6df981603aaae.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dale560 said:

This is my youngest Parker helping out. He is 3 1/2 going on 30.

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1652.JPG

Your Parker looks like a busy little guy!  Mine is 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this