augercreek

SNOW FALL

Yesterday we got a significant snow fall 5" here East of Duluth some places much more. I was hoping for some real cold so the ground would freeze up so we could start cutting firewood in the woods but, now with the snow insulation effect that isn't going to happen! It's so wet in the woods here that you leave tracks in the ground just walking through ! If you bring in machinery there'll be ruts left for ever. Plenty of tracking snow for Deer hunting though, season opens Saturday and we have a intensive harvest zone here which means we can take three if you want any sex.

Same thing here. We've had snow for about a week now. I think where the wind didn't blow there's 5-6". It's been below freezing now but the ground is soft. Dad was deeptilling in the snow on Tuesday lol. Those are the only fields around without snow now. But I'm ready for the snow now.

I just couldn't help it. I had to take the sled put for a rip 😁

Screenshot_20171102-063320.thumb.png.746c01cdfa438e59cff724d7a7910d1b.pngScreenshot_20171102-063340.thumb.png.dd1dac231102f9816736693123475796.png

Ya it started up here in the Keweenaw too

Oct 26 ,,8'' and 2'' last night on the high ground

Mike

Woke up yesterday to 4" of white stuff, still on the ground.

3 hours ago, augercreek said:

East of Duluth

Last time I was in Diloot, east of there would'a been in Lake Superior water?

best, randy

Same here in the good old central Upper Peninsula, nothing bad or unusual this time of year, about 5"-6". Typical Yooper Halloween

When we were in Duluth , the end of April earlier this year , there was snow for a bit...20170427_105615.thumb.jpg.c2e7ba6a8da264d9a42d603ba47f0290.jpg

We had to document it too, for our 20th with a pic....

had 6 inches here. didn't blow around winter uggh!

Would you all please keep the snow out your way....... Don't let any of it come East!B)

Or any further south.......

35 minutes ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Or any further south.......

X2

60 miles south of Duluth, ours is all melted. I might moldboard some sod this evening of the Case don't spin to bad...  

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 10:31 AM, Rainman said:

When we were in Duluth , the end of April earlier this year , there was snow for a bit...20170427_105615.thumb.jpg.c2e7ba6a8da264d9a42d603ba47f0290.jpg

We had to document it too, for our 20th with a pic....

NO SNOW CLINTONVILLE. ALL ROUND OF US ABOUT 2 INCHES.

We got our first significant snowfall of the season last night. Guessing maybe 6 inches of light fluffy snow. Temps in the low 20s so it was dry enough to take the Merc out for a short snow drive this morning. I put the first hay bale out for cattle yesterday as there is not much left to eat out there and today it is under snow. 

Merc Nov 4 (1 of 1).jpg

276'' last season :o

15'' for Keweenaw county so far this year

good day to sort chickens,,18 new hens and 24 broliers for the freezer getting fattend up.:D

Mike

1 hour ago, farmall666 said:

CLINTONVILLE

Good old Clintonville where it all started for us North Central Airlines people as F.W.D.

best, randy

About 8 inches in 3 day s

Yup, more snow yesterday early, then started to melt, dropping off limbs and down my neck while in the Deer stand. Had to keep the rifle covered all day. Later started to rain a bit as the light faded so back to the house. Did see five though but not shooters.

I have been at my parents house in Zimmerman MN, they got nearly 5 inches of wet snow Friday night.  It is wet today and sloppy, most of the snow is slush now.  We stopped and talked to a friend who is farming grandpa's land.  A lot of corn is still in the field, even a few beans.