Sign in to follow this  
gh-in-oh

Anyone with knowledge of dodge trucks

Ok i have a 05 dodge 3500 with a 5.9.   Bought used in 07.   I was never given a FOB key when i bought the truck.  Anyhow, i have had this truck for 10 years and have replace the batteries twice.   I NEVER knew i had a security system on this truck.  Well, i replaced the batteries last sunday and when i hooked them up, the security system went off.   At first i thought it was funny cause i never knew i had one.   Now i can't turn the darn thing off.   I have done everything i can think of from disconnecting the batteries to flipping switch in the key lock and the ignition.   with the alarm  going off, the truck will not even start.   What i have found to kinda work is to disconnect the batteries then touch the positive terminal to the neg for about 10 seconds, then go to the other side and do it to that side.   (note: not the battery terminals but the cables going to the batteries)  hook batteries  back up, put key in the door and unlock the door then the truck will start.     I turn it off, get out of the truck, the alarm then arms itself.   I try to get in the truck and everything goes off again.    Local dealer wants me to bring it in, but i would love to figure this out myself if possible.   I hope i have explained this well enough.   Any help will be greatly appreciated.   I am going crazy on this one.    

My 99 i had to put key in the ignition turn key on and lock and unlock the driver door. Its been a few years our 05 chevy has similar procedure.

my 05 dodge is the same way if I set the alarm off I need to use the fob to get it to turn off.  mine will start with the alarm going off but the alarm continues to go off.  I have two of the fobs, it is the only thing that really bothers me about this truck.

I have bought the key fob from dodge before on a used cummins diesel. The fob was only 40.00 dollars and 25.00 to reprogram it.