Sign in to follow this  
Adam - NC

Farmall 240 drawbar

Is it possible to have a standard fixed drawbar on a 240 with a fast hitch?  Or is the two point drawbar that fits the fast hitch the only way to go?

If I'm not mistaken the fixed drawbar frame bolts on to the same locations on the differential housing as the fast hitch, same as a Super C. So, not possible to have a factory fixed drawbar on at the same time as the fast hitch.

Tractors of that era did not have the fixed drawbars and fast hitches on them at the same time like the next generation did. 340/460/560. It was one or the other.

Thanks - guess I need to keep searching for a fast hitch draw bar.  I need to take the wish bone apart and replace all the fasteners with the proper size.  It is very floppy right now.  I ordered an owners manual in hopes of learning more about the fast hitch.  The owners manual says "if you have a fast hitch, see the fast hitch manual" - so I have another $20 manual on the way.

A swinging drawbar was an option to add in combo with the Fast Hitch.... $$ & not many around.

Is your lateral sway limiter bar in the locked position ?

Fast Hitches, especially the later traction control design like what's on a 340, tend to have a lot of wear points and get sloppy.

Now that I have a manual, I'm learning what's missing.  

The sway limiter had one broken strap and one bent in a horseshoe.  I straightened the bent one and am n the lookout for a similar piece of flat bar to make another.  With the one strap reinstalled with bolts in the right holes it is much better.  The float pins are missing from both sockets where they connect to the bail, and the front pins are the wrong size.  I'll correct that as soon as I get to Tractor Supply to buy some pins.  I have already removed a bunch of bent nails and replaced them with hitch pin clips.

The only real option is to find a nice drawbar, but close and/or affordable hasn't turned up yet.  The swinging drawbar wouldn't do me any good, as it slides on the fast hitch drawbar anyway, and I don't have that yet.