Long Farms

Good times with good equipment

Looks like a lot of fun to be had!

Looks like 3 mean machines. Id like to operate that 856, and own that 686. Thanks for sharing with us Brian

Dave

Nice pictures as usual. The 856 looks mean with the blade on it.  

I forgot to add that if you don't like that pickup then you aren't an American country boy.

Very nice!

I see you got the right size rubber matched up to that 686.  They came from the factory with those skiny 15.5-38 on the back and skiny 7.50-16 on the front where most people would after their factory tires wore out would always go with 16.9-38s on back and some would put 95L on front or 11L

Does the dozer attachment clamp to the axle housings and who made that?  Would love to see a picture of where it hooks on the back.  Sweet piece of machinery.  How well does it push dirt?

16 minutes ago, dansuper27 said:

Does the dozer attachment clamp to the axle housings and who made that?  Would love to see a picture of where it hooks on the back.  Sweet piece of machinery.  How well does it push dirt?

Looks like a Waldron to me. I had a borrowed one on my 766 for a little while to push some brush around. If it's like the one I used, It hangs from the frame rails but pushes from the front drawbar support.

Its an 8' WALDON dozer blade. Made in Fairview OK. This one mounts to the rear axle and frame rails. On the tag, it Says IH 706, 806, 1206, 856, 1256, 1026. Itll fit more than what it list. Neighbor has a 9' waldon blade and its a monster. Its mounted on a 1175 Case. Says hes broke out some 6 bolt wheels and spindles. Said piss on that i want a smaller one.  Looked around untill i found one off of an IH. I didnt want to hack and modify the brackets. It came off of a 706 so i bought this one. One thing i cant figure out is how you keep factory fenders on with the waldon axle brackets. Learned, with fender delete, i can look down real easy and see how much tire slip. At 1st i was going to mount this on my newest 1456. At the time it didnt have clutch assist but my 856 did. I could have put it on the 1066 by adding shims in frame rail bracket, but then all i have is hood in front of me. With the 856 i can see whats goin on up there. You only need to run 1/4 to 1/3 throttle. Anything more than that and you just slip. The ripper on back made the difference between fighting blade gouging and easily rolling dirt. It has skids behind blade you can lower to control depth. 

That is so cool.  That truck reminds me my dads p/u, an all black 1977 Chevy 3/4 ton.  The trim package was the Bonanza.  Remember those?  I remember dad always saying it rode like a log wagon. I smiled ear to ear driving that thing to school.

i still have the roll bar that I bought and had in the back.  Had kc lights on it back then.

thanks for sharing your pics. I dig it. 

MY Dad had a Waldon blade on a 806   It had 2 pins about 1.75 " diameter that attached the blade  to the hoop shaped frame . You pull 1 pin and install a bracket between the blade and frame to make an angled blade. I worked at a IH dealer in the early 80s and installed a new blade on a 1070 Case 

2 hours ago, Long Farms said:

20171107_114949.jpg

20171107_114932.jpg

20171107_113756.jpg

I can get you a plane ticket home if you want to leave the whole rig at my house :)

Got good taste. Best of the best right there. I'll say them K30's are nice, big block 4 speed trucks?

I would give anything to have one of those tall bumperette grill guards for mine, are they Gm or aftermarket? 

Black is a Sm465 4 speed, the red one is Th400. This style grille guard is made by Luvurene. Mr. Pickup made some round bar ones too.