mader656

D282 glow plugs...

Are aftermarket as good as dealer, they are less than half price? I'm guessing same source?

Thanks

has been discussed extensively but no consensus on # some are fast burn(pop in 30 sec vs 2min) and others are china

none are worth more than $7 but can be scammed @ $30-70 + just like the $200 photo copy manuals

I run the diesel rx in my 656. It's a win for me. 50 degree day it's about a 5 second glow. Colder gets a little longer. Better than 30 seconds or more with old ones. They have been in close to a year now without problems. 

Injpumped on here can fix you right up.

Bought after market the first time i replaced on my 656 then i had to replace a couple a second time i bought case ih paid double same freaken plug! 

Old IH mechanic converted my 460 Diesel to Autolite 1111  several years ago, just replaced them back in the summer, takes about 20 sec. for it to start in warm temps.

I think I found my RX on ebay for like $5 a piece. Heck for that kind of money its worth a try. I think its like anything else today. You buy cheap for cheap and throw them away when they break because they are cheap and didn't expect much to begin with, but are surprised when they hold up. At least that's my observation. Like said above the parts I have been getting from CNH I am not that impressed by. I would just go with the cheaper ones. If you do go with 7.3 plugs make sure and get the die to chase the threads on them and make sure they get seated in right. Mine were real hard to tell when they were actually seated in, so I suspect some will have trouble in the future with them being stuck or breaking off in the pre cups because the 7.3 glow plugs are slightly shorter. If i remember right mine were basically buried all the way down before they seated in by feel. Rememer they use the shoulder of the glow plug housing towards the bottom not the threads to seal off.  A while back Cooter had a fairly detailed post about them. Speaking of him anyone heard of him???

Well I waited to long it's cold and I needed them dealer are diesel rx brand.

Started much better.