cmanlove

Off color question

So my son has bought a used 9500 diesel combine.  It seems to be starting a new habit.  It will start idle for a moment then stop.  Seems to be getting worse as time goes on.  Any thoughts?

2 position or 3 position switch for throttle?

Does it start right back up or do you then have to crank it a while before it fires again?

6 hours ago, cmanlove said:

So my son has bought a used 9500 diesel combine.  It seems to be starting a new habit.  It will start idle for a moment then stop.  Seems to be getting worse as time goes on.  Any thoughts?

My buddy just had a problem with his 9600. Not quite the same as yours but his would go back to idle and act wierd. It turned out to be his module on the engine that controls the pump . If yours dies though it could be a leak in fuel pump. His started to act up after washing combine up before use.he had it hauled into dealer they took parts of another combine to diagnose and cost him 3800 dollars.

start simple with small hidden fuel leaks/blockage/delivery  and move up to any bs computers (AND) connections/voltage

..? start/ run solenoids ?  we had one in the circuit $200 go bad......1 minute... 3 hours...all day or not again for a week

"Does it start right back up or do you then have to crank it a while before it fires again?"

yes but sometimes you got to crank it a bit

Edited by cmanlove
added quotes

Easy solution. Trade it for a 1666 model CIH machine. I couldn't resist.

9 hours ago, cmanlove said:

"Does it start right back up or do you then have to crank it a while before it fires again?"

yes but sometimes you got to crank it a bit

Starts and then dies - have to crank for a bit to get it going.... Look at fuel supply. I'm not familiar with how the Deere engine is set up in that machine but the symptom fits..... Shut down the engine and all but a small bit of fuel in the lines drains back to tank....Just enough there for it to pop off, run a few seconds. After that you need to get the fuel all the way back up to the engine.

I think they run a Robert Bosch style pump inline pump. Not really any electronics other than the throttle operation. Your lift pump could be going bad or a leak in fuel system some place. Been a while since I looked at one though so just going off memory.

X2 on the lift pump.  I've had a 9600 for ten years now, been a great machine for me.  ( Maybe because it's the one piece of equipment on the farm only I drive)   I did have a similar symptom when a fuel line leak developed between the injection pump and lift pump.