Sign in to follow this  
806 man

Aircraft 101 safety training needed

You can't fix stupid!  I wonder how much that cost the taxpayers!

1 hour ago, Rawleigh99 said:

You can't fix stupid! 

Head shakin' mode hereabouts!  Pretty sure tho that no one ever told him that jet blast could do that!  Do remember/know that we were acutely aware of NEVER "closing our bleeds" (anything more than idle power) on our 747's engines while taxiing becaue of the jet blast damage easily possible behind you.

best, randy

Bet that guy had to get a clean pair of underwear after that ride...

Even being leary of the possible jet blast-----

Wouldn't the control tower have been in command of who was moving when and where??

DD 

Yes, ground control would have cleared him to taxi, but as PIC he can refuse the clearance if he saw a problem.  He must have never been a General Aviation pilot because all of us little guys are all too aware of what a "Heavy's" jet blast or wake turbulence can do to us!

I'll bet that the axx chewing was a lot worse than the ride!

8 hours ago, Delta Dirt said:

control tower have been in command

Control tower?  Chuckle, we had about 90 airports on our system at North Central Airlines, only about 20 or so of them had control towers.  Best advice ever given/received, "PAY ATTENTION".

best, randy 

3 hours ago, rsscott said:

bet that the axx chewing was a lot worse than the ride!

Concur!

best, randy

12 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

Control tower?  Chuckle, we had about 90 airports on our system at North Central Airlines, only about 20 or so of them had control towers.  Best advice ever given/received, "PAY ATTENTION".

best, randy 

Fully understand Randy-------after all, who's a$$ is in danger!!!!

Just figured with a military base-----there had to be a tower.

That's one thing I liked about the dirt crop dusting airstrips------(at least I have never seen a crop dusting strip with a control tower)??  Sorta hard to tell a cropduster what he was supposed to do anyway!!!!;):D

DD 

52 minutes ago, Delta Dirt said:

after all, who's a$$ is in danger!!!!

Concur!  Like that Col. said to me once - "LT., PAY TEN'SHUN".

Anyways also, Avon, Hollandale, made me think back to my old stompin' grounds down at Rolling Fork and Anguila and Rol-Ang Field and the Ag-Cats and N'3Ns!

And also made me recall BS'n and giggling with ole Jerry Clower over Yazoo way.

best, randy

My guess is the F-16 jockey must have thought the #1 B1 on the runway wasn't close to being done with his engine run up, As soon as #1 started rolling #2 B1 started his roll onto runway. Game over. I bet the F-16 jockey is flying a broom for a few weeks. Hurt his pride more then anything . Can't get away with anything with smart phones these days.

That's at Eielson AFB here in Fairbanks AK, you see the weirdly panted blue cameo job on the aggressor squadron and when they continue to pan right  the large hanger left over from the B-36 days with the original tower, anyway they have foreign and visiting units for the red flag exercises. There might have been a bit of a language barrier with out visiting allies

and the call to the ground crews, hey guys? Can you tip that 16 back over?  Priceless 

On October 30, 2017 at 8:29 AM, Rawleigh99 said:

You can't fix stupid!  I wonder how much that cost the taxpayers!

Fairly minimal, honestly.  That's been a somewhat common occurrence with F-16s, even in high wind gusts.  LOTS of Vipers hurt worse than that have been fixed, too.  These are all flying again.

Viperinthegrass.jpg

Viper1.jpg

Viper2.jpg

Clay, what is the story on that bottom one?  Was that Homestead after Andrew?

Wonder if they put a  (*) after the serial number when they "update" a wrecked fighter jet?   

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:46 AM, Rawleigh99 said:

Yes, ground control would have cleared him to taxi, but as PIC he can refuse the clearance if he saw a problem.  He must have never been a General Aviation pilot because all of us little guys are all too aware of what a "Heavy's" jet blast or wake turbulence can do to us!

X2, from a 172 M jockey.

Tony