Sign in to follow this  
74A-472

plowing

I rent my farm out as old age and some health problems have caught me. I decided to start my dads old 560 which is bored out to 291 cubes and hooked it up to the 3/16 fast hitch plow today.  I plowed up the first 3 terraces next to my house. the old 1963 560 gas purred like a kitten. this tractor was on this farm 4 years before in was drafted into the army and I ended up in Vietnam. What a great feeling! My dad died on November 1, 2016 and I thought of him as I sailed across the field on his old tractor.

6 hours ago, 74A-472 said:

I rent my farm out as old age and some health problems have caught me. I decided to start my dads old 560 which is bored out to 291 cubes and hooked it up to the 3/16 fast hitch plow today.  I plowed up the first 3 terraces next to my house. the old 1963 560 gas purred like a kitten. this tractor was on this farm 4 years before in was drafted into the army and I ended up in Vietnam. What a great feeling! My dad died on November 1, 2016 and I thought of him as I sailed across the field on his old tractor.

Im sure he was looking down and smiling at you. Thanks for sharing that

MAYBE HE WAS JUST A SMILING AND complaining AT YOU THAT YOUR DOING IT WRONG LIKE ALL DADS DO.

Good memories like that are hard to beat.  :)

2 hours ago, farmall666 said:

MAYBE HE WAS JUST A SMILING AND complaining AT YOU THAT YOUR DOING IT WRONG LIKE ALL DADS DO.

And then when your not around bragging about you to everyone who will listen

a fitting way to remeber day a year later, 

good memorial.

Nice!  A fitting way to honor your dads memory.  Nothing like the smell of fresh turned dirt! :-)

3 hours ago, AKwelder said:

And then when your not around bragging about you to everyone who will listen

a fitting way to remeber day a year later, 

OH THAT BOY OF MINE PLOWS SO STRAIGHT. HEAD LANDS COME OUT NICE EVEN.

I ran Mark's 560 (D) with a 3 bottom plow this year and it was fun!  Great tractors...I can see why you enjoyed it.

There is always something great about running something that takes you back to a great time with/about family.  

Glad you had a good time and got to relive some memories of your Dad. 

Nothing better than plowing I think to let the wonderful human mind to wonder in and out of focus on things  that matter , espicaly the community off ancestors . Don't ever stop 

Glad you got to relive good times!

It is great having a tractor, truck, other equipment that has a sentimental connection. But even more special is using same and the sound, smell, the memories are priceless. Thanks for sharing. 

On 10/30/2017 at 11:47 AM, ny bill o said:

good memorial.

I agree.