Sign in to follow this  
Red Collector

Bought some old slides on Ebay

A couple years ago I bought a few old slides of various farming pictures on Ebay. I scanned them to my computer a while ago, and it occurred to me that maybe I should post them here. I don't know a thing about them, have no idea if they were all taken by the same person,  I don't even remember where the ebay seller was located. I have made a few deductions, and will include them with the pictures. Hope you guys like them... it would be really cool if anybody recognized any of the people or places in them.

These two were dated June 1958. Kind of blurry, but looks like an M-TA pulling a Fox (?) chopper and forage wagon. 

Second pic looks like a sign advertising Hillsdale Landscape Co.

007.JPG

008.JPG

The next 11 slides are dated as being developed in October, 1958, and look to be taken at a farm show. I am guessing it is the 1958 Farm Progress Show held on the Warren North farm in Brookston, Indiana. Just now noticed the ferris wheel in the background of the 2nd pic...

009.JPG

010.JPGe

Note the Pannier feeder in the 1st picture

2nd picture has a DeKalb seed trailer and fuel barrels full of Sinclair and Texaco products. Also, neat to see all the cars in the parking lot... today's Farm Progress Show parking lots are full of pick- ups

picture #3: right behind the Producer's seed sign is a yellow trailer advertising d-Con products; also, to the right, Tingley rubber boots had their own tent. Also, in the background I notice, among others, Moews seed, Knoedler, Smith- Douglass fertilizer, and Swisher Feeds.

015.JPG

016.JPG

017.JPG

Awesome find!! So very neat to see pictures like that from the past. Thanks for sharing. 

Should have put these before those Aug '59 pictures... I think this is the same farm constructing a new silo. These are dated May, 1959

020.JPG

021.JPG

025.JPG

026.JPG

027.JPG

028.JPG

One last slide in the bunch. Neat shot of a dairy farm with mountains in the background... now I'm not so positive, but at one time I thought the Harvestore on the left said "Riverside Farm."

Hope everyone enjoys these old photos

032.JPG

Very Nice !

Thanks for sharing

Tony

Very nice picture thanks for posting I hope you have more. 

I like the parking lot almost 100% cars. Then one picture looked like I could see a round nose JI Case maybe a 400?

Nice photos. Thanks for sharing. I don't think that the last pic is of the same farm? Buildings look different, and we don't have any mountains in Indiana that I am aware of. One of the last pics of the show has a producers hybrids sign. I am wondering if the red image on the bags is an outline of Illinois?

Anybody else see "Christine" lurking in the parking lot??

Fifth row, behind the blue Caddy, just to the left of the tent roof..

Also, a retractable Ford hard top in the lower right, and the DeKalb trailer appears to be hooked to an IH tractor...Possibly an R-190.

GREAT pics!!!

Mike

Thank you for sharing.  I really enjoyed the slides

These were a bit different for me, my Grandmother who passed away 2 months ago always photographed the farm and had them put on slides. Then we would have a slide show after dinner duRing family events.  Many of those pictures were very much similar to what you just shown, and it brought back some great memories and moments for me.