Sign in to follow this  
vtfireman85

New toy for the MRS

My brother and I drove down to Catlett VA yesterday to pick up this really nice Saab 9-3 SE HOT,  it's a 99' rust free, 130k . I bought another 99 9-3  convertible from a  a second home owner in Vermont earlier in the fall that was a base model with some real cosmetic neglect issues, most of which I've dealt with. But this one has the high pressure turbo, should be 205 hp and aside from a good polish and wax and fixing a broken fuel line this one will be a real nice summer car. Saabs are one of those things you either love or hate but I love them, while I'm not much into anything without an oh $&@t !!! Lever or a drawbar, there's something about the Swedish oddities of a Saab that I find very intriguing and endearing. Besides, who doesn't love a turbo??

this was taken at the Wawa while getting gas last night, heading back north in an hour or so and hoping to beat the worst of the rain. 

IMG_4484.JPG

Now you have to get a (matching paint) yellow industrial IH tractor for you? 

I think TP here had/has a Saab.  My S40 T-5 Volvo has 141,000 miles on it now.  I don't drive as much as I used to.  I put 32,000-33,000 miles per year on it the first 3-4 years,  and put about 3800 on it the last year.  I'm looking for it's replacement.

Something different about Swedish cars.  My Volvo was built in Ghent, Belgium, but it's Swedish at heart.

Looks like a nice car, the yellow sure makes it pop. Have a safe trip home. 

2 hours ago, bitty said:

Now you have to get a (matching paint) yellow industrial IH tractor for you? 

I told MTO it was a Minneapolis moline UDLX convertible prototype 

2 hours ago, NY1468 said:

Looks like a nice car, the yellow sure makes it pop. Have a safe trip home. 

Thanks we're north of white plains now at the rest area grabbing a bite. And then heading north, it's one of 14 yellow 9-3 convertibles 

Cool. Saab- Born from jets.

42 minutes ago, vtfireman85 said:

I told MTO it was a Minneapolis moline UDLX convertible prototype 

He will figure it out since they didn't have a turbo ;)

nice looking ride 

Very nice!  I had an 02 9-3 SE, it was a great car.  Its a shame that Saab is defunct as an auto maker.

I see you have a lot of faith in Saabs

sitting on a trailer.

Now who is this car to make happy? Hmmm?

A little darker and you could have argued it was a gold demo.

Is it a Viggen??????I love Saab's...................unlike the auto media leads you to believe, the only one I owned that I had trouble with was my last 9-5...............It was wrecked by a previous owner and all the issues I had with it were from a crappy collison repair.  It was an Aero and once I got the right turbo on it(smaller one was put on in the repair) it would really take off.  However I had shift linkage/key issues the entire time I had it and could never get it solved, I think something was tweaked a bit, but could never find it.  it was a bear to get into reverse, and on that model the key would only come out if it was in reverse.  Still put 100k on it, but it was not like the others I have owned which gave little to no issues.  The '07 9-3 I drive now we got in '08 with 33k on it..................Has 120k on it now, and it will still leave my wife's BMW in the dust!

GM should have took some schooling from the Saab Engineers.............The swede's could build a car that had terrific power and got good gas mileage doing it, all before all the extra junk they have now.  

18 minutes ago, TP from Central PA said:

Is it a Viggen??????I love Saab's...................unlike the auto media leads you to believe, the only one I owned that I had trouble with was my last 9-5...............It was wrecked by a previous owner and all the issues I had with it were from a crappy collison repair.  It was an Aero and once I got the right turbo on it(smaller one was put on in the repair) it would really take off.  However I had shift linkage/key issues the entire time I had it and could never get it solved, I think something was tweaked a bit, but could never find it.  it was a bear to get into reverse, and on that model the key would only come out if it was in reverse.  Still put 100k on it, but it was not like the others I have owned which gave little to no issues.  The '07 9-3 I drive now we got in '08 with 33k on it..................Has 120k on it now, and it will still leave my wife's BMW in the dust!

GM should have took some schooling from the Saab Engineers.............The swede's could build a car that had terrific power and got good gas mileage doing it, all before all the extra junk they have now.  

The supercharged 3.8 outfits got pretty good mileage with decent power. Would have been even better with a mt.