Sign in to follow this  
redturbo

My W series collection

I like those w40 and w30 tractors but  little rich for me:blush: do you have a 1/43 W6?

Sure do have the 1/43rds,  3rd picture shows the W6 & W9.  They were a bit hard find,  don't see them for sale very often. 

Buddy Don that puts on toy show in Red Deer that there was only couple W4 pedal tractors brought into Canada according to contacts.  He said last he heard there was one caseIH dealer in Winnipeg area.  So I called them up,  turns out tech in the back had taken it home.  It was still in inventory but not paid for yet.  Friend on mine became parts mgr at local caseIH dealer and got this W4 pedal tractor for me out a dealer in Minnesota.

IMGP3306.JPG

When I was at National farm toy show past month,  was on the hunt for custom parts for the W4.  Was at factory that built this pedal tractor.  They were selling weights & brackets,  assuming them were from the 656 pedal tractor that Iowa chapter #5 was selling.  Across the street from Scale models in Samuelsson pedal tractor parts,  he had this aluminum muffler.  I drilled & tapped the muffler & hood.  In front of the museum there was a fellow that makes custom pedal tractors.  He made these fenders,  I had them powder coated locally.  Drilled & tapped them,  installed couple screws to hold them in place.   

IMGP3307.JPG

IMGP3308.JPG

IMGP3309.JPG

At the start of the 400 production,  IHC made Farmall 400 & International 400.  From what I read in Guy Fay's book it confused dealers.  As when farmer would call in for parts & ask for 400 parts there was always some confusion.  In the first couple of months of production,  the International 400 used SW6 fenders.  He said in June ish of 55 the W got added back on.  My Dad brought a real International 400 with SW6 fenders from factory at local auction last year,  not running thou.  Not sure when the SW6 fenders ended,  in his book he 2 different IH 400.  1 with old fenders,  then 1 with new fenders.  I brought a toy W400 at local caseIH dealer.  It was a gas engine,  but had diesel decals on it.  Just left it in the box for couple years.  Found a fellow named Kenny of out Nebraska that customizes toys.  Asked him about modifying the W400 into a 400.  He was game & I mailed it off to him.  This is what he came up with.  He also removed the handle for switching to diesel,  removed the extra fuel cap,  made floor boards.  I think it he a great job!

IMGP3310.JPG

IMGP3311.JPG

There was a double W9 toy in the office of the IHC dealer in Kindersley, I believe Richard Jones had it. He retired. The dealership is Rocky Mountain Equipment now.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:21 AM, R Pope said:

There was a double W9 toy in the office of the IHC dealer in Kindersley, I believe Richard Jones had it. He retired. The dealership is Rocky Mountain Equipment now.

That one sold at his sale after he sold the dealer, he had quite a collection of Antique tractors mostly all outta my area, that's why there not a lot of them left, and after the sell out he sold all his tractors and memorabilia at auction in I think it was 2012 I don't remember the number of it but I would guess it was one of the first 3 produced, I don't know who bought it or where it went 

Took my tractor collection to a toy show in Saskatoon Saskatchewan,  3hrs from home.  As a kid did couple farm displays,  that's was some time ago.  

IMG_1264.JPG

Nice looking display!

I walked past the display and was gonna swing by again and take a harder look but Don took what I had for cash and I got the heck outta there before I spent a bunch more money 

it was a good show seems like the collecting is picking up again I haven't gone for a few years due to buying an estate of toy tractors and the last time I went there wasn't a whole lot of people  and it was almost shoulder to shoulder in there saturday

Thank you SledgeHammer.

Found out where #9 tandem WD9's went to Davidson Sk.  Guy that used to own it is a toy collector/dealer since the 80's had it.  He sold the pair of tractors off,  kept the board/glass & put something else in there.  Not sure why he did that,  but that's the story on number 9.  #2 is being sold on Kijiji right now with massive 4WD collection for close to $30,000.  I called seller about buying just the pair of 9's,  but that was a no go.

5 minutes ago, redturbo said:

Thank you SledgeHammer.

Found out where #9 tandem WD9's went to Davidson Sk.  Guy that used to own it is a toy collector/dealer since the 80's had it.  He sold the pair of tractors off,  kept the board/glass & put something else in there.  Not sure why he did that,  but that's the story on number 9.  #2 is being sold on Kijiji right now with massive 4WD collection for close to $30,000.  I called seller about buying just the pair of 9's,  but that was a no go.

can you pm me a link to that ad, $30,000 that quite a chunk of change to drop on a bunch of toys, i'm not sure if that was an option when you ordered your toy to have a glass shell over the tractor or not, mine doesn't have that, the Tractor Jonesy (our local dealer) had had a case over it but most I see don't 

On 29/10/2017 at 1:48 PM, redturbo said:

As a younger kid,  like many played with 1/16th farm toys in the garden(80's).  As got older started collecting & building 1/64 farm toys(90's).  Last couple years started collecting anything that said "W" on them.  Mostly do that grew up around life size Super W6,  for some reason the 6 series toys is next to impossible to find.  Only have 3 of those,  back in the 90's had Teeswater Custom Toys build a SW6.  RPRU in Racine brought a W6,  trip this past June brought a SW6 t/a. 

Been looking for a cabinet to put them in,  found this one for $200 Cdn.  It had one glass shelf,  got local company to cut the rest.  Added the led lights to show the toy tractors up better.

IMGP3219.JPG

i didn't realise that there were so many W Series scale models made. Great to see a collection of these tractors. I'll will have to start a collection too. 

Regards from Michael H. AustraliaB)

I started in 1995 with the Teeswater SW6 up to present day.

Micheal have you ever seen an AW6 as a toy?

The toy dealer from Davidson SK that had #9 WD'9s,  said could order them with or without glass cover.