Sign in to follow this  
redturbo

My W series collection

As a younger kid,  like many played with 1/16th farm toys in the garden(80's).  As got older started collecting & building 1/64 farm toys(90's).  Last couple years started collecting anything that said "W" on them.  Mostly do that grew up around life size Super W6,  for some reason the 6 series toys is next to impossible to find.  Only have 3 of those,  back in the 90's had Teeswater Custom Toys build a SW6.  RPRU in Racine brought a W6,  trip this past June brought a SW6 t/a. 

Been looking for a cabinet to put them in,  found this one for $200 Cdn.  It had one glass shelf,  got local company to cut the rest.  Added the led lights to show the toy tractors up better.

IMGP3219.JPG

In 1989 went to toy show with my Dad,  was just amazed by this tandem pair of W9's.  Never seen anything like it,  but it was $300 dollars.  I never asked him for it,  there was only 40 made for that show.  Couple years ago,  there was an older gentleman selling one of them for $150.  Couldn't get $ out fast enough to purchase it.  Neighbour of mine has one,  grew up with his daughters so I could look at it.  Also seen one in National farm toy museum.

IMGP3220.JPG

The W4's,  all are a bit different then each other.  Mostly is headlights positions,  decals,  front wheels,  etc.

Top shelf has 1/43 W6&9,  then pewter W9 found somewhere.

IMGP3221.JPG

The W6 was made by Pionner out eastern Minnesota I'm told.  The SW6 was made in Ontario by Bill Ireland of Teeswater Toys.  The SW6 t/a was made by Peter Freiheit of Red Wing MN.  Its has to been one of the nicest custom built toys I have ever seen.  I met Peter at his home this past June.  Was just in awe in see his work shop & the beautiful toys he has made.  I asked him if he would sell it,  he wasn't sure about it.  We chatted for couple hrs,  he decided it was going to go home.  I paid what he asked & I left happy with my buy.

Top shelf,  gave my Dad a project of making tandem WD9 in 1/64th scale.  Found a guy in southern SK that made up the SW6 & the W450 like we have in real life.

IMGP3222.JPG

On to the W9 gassers & WD9 series.  There seems to be a lot of this series made,  from home to factory built.

IMGP3223.JPG

IMGP3224.JPG

The W30 that were made by Scale models.

IMGP3225.JPG

The W400's,  4 of them are from Spec cast.  The gas W400 in the front was also made by Peter F,  it was begging me to take it home also.  haha

IMGP3226.JPG

The 600/650.  The gassers were also made by the sister & brother inlaw of the Pioneer toys.  He had passed away,  then they took over trying to keep it going.  That's the story they told last year of the national farm toy show.  Never seen either of them,  so had to add to my collection.  The Diesels are from ertl.

IMGP3228.JPG

If anybody has different info on any of who might of made some of the W4's,  W9 gassers would be great.  Also looking for people that has sales brochures,  W30,  600,  650,  etc.  Thanks for looking.

dad has the lafeyete (spelling) W-4 and it's a sharp looking toy for it's time

What number is your tandem w-9's I have one dad got it straight from one of the show organizers R jones as dad was working at the dealership (jones ran the local CaseIH dealer at the time) i'll have to dig it out and look what number it is I've only seen a few since

one at a toy show in Saskatoon, picture of one at the museum in Dyersville and jones sold one at his dealer sell out sale and now yours

very nice collection you've assembled there I have a few of them as well as a basement full of other toys, haven't bought any for awhile though

Thanks Wheatking,

Toy Museum # is 18/40 

Mine # is 31/40

My neighbours # is ?/40,  will have to go visit him

were close dads is #27 

dad was late when he ordered they were all sold out in an instant then one canceled and dad got that one 

you got one heck of a deal at 150 for it, dad doesn't remember but figures it's one of the only tractors to appreciate in value 

That is a great collection and a fantastic display!!

very nice collection and display! I have a 1/64 Lafayette but not a 1/16 .....yet!

smallw4.jpg

That's the 2nd 1/64 W4 I seen in the last 9 days.  There was a toy show last weekend in Regina,  saw it sitting in case with the 1/16 version.  I had no idea that even was made,  thanks confirming it.  Will have to see if that seller will sell it by itself next month when I see him at the next toy show. 

Went national farm toy show auction on Saturday.  Brought this WD-40,  no box,  missing steering wheel.  Made of brass,  amazing detail.   Never had to pay before to go an auction.  Picked up steering wheel from Dakota toysIMG_1119.thumb.JPG.0e02b251cb55e786f61d0694844796b7.JPG

Found two more the tandem WD-9's on toytractortimes,  #2 & #6 are accounted for.