Sign in to follow this  
dale560

Vice President Pence in town today

The VP was at our nearest big town that has an Air Force base. He came to minot air base today to check up on the readiness of the b52 fleet and missile fields at the request of the President. He did an interview with local press stating he came here and that President Trump is going to the Korean Peninsula in a couple days. Kind of interesting having the President and Vice President visit the state of North Dakota in the last few months. VP Pence stated he came here to inspect and thank the airmen. He also said Minot is unique the only military base to have Control of two pieces of the nuclear triad of weapons.

Thats pretty cool. My buddy was stationed at minot back in the day. I went there to visit him once and got to see the transport trucks along with the B-52's on the flight line. I have piccys somewhere. Was very neat to see. The trucks were cabover petes minus sleepers painted deep air force blue.

He is a very nice guy according to my wife.

She said he is a very intelligent and polite person to work with. 

She worked with him years ago on several state highway projects when he was our US Congressman from, Indiana.

I'm pretty sure the photo was taken in 2010,  what is funny is she told him she wanted a picture because "who knows you might be POTUS someday......she said he just laughed".

Congressman Mike Pence (600 x 450).jpg

Would have been pretty neat to be there for that. I was stationed in Minot for 5 years.

15 minutes ago, ZachGrant said:

Would have been pretty neat to be there for that. I was stationed in Minot for 5 years.

What was your duty or job when here. We are 60 miles east of Minot. But we used to farm some in the missile field area.

1 hour ago, dale560 said:

What was your duty or job when here. We are 60 miles east of Minot. But we used to farm some in the missile field area.

Firefighter. So you're around rugby then?

Yes live in rugby the geographical center of North America. Rugby is a nice little town.

My son spent 2001-2007 in Minot. 

Made a couple trips to the sands from Minot. 

I think Pence went into the White House a straight shooter.

I hope he stays that way. 

The motto on the gates to the base in Minot says " only the best come north" glad you guys were able to make it up to this part of the country

33 minutes ago, dale560 said:

The motto on the gates to the base in Minot says " only the best come north" glad you guys were able to make it up to this part of the country

Why not Minot?

Freezin’s the reason!