MTO

A lost trait...

1 hour ago, MTO said:

But the Minnie-Soda accent sure beats the crap they slobber in Boston!

I love to watch the projects they get into on "This Old House" but that slobbering they speak makes me either turn the channel or mute the volume. "Bastin"

Sorry Seth...

I use to LOVE watching This Old House, but lately it seems as if it’s rich people building fancier houses than what the neighbors have...Just once I’d love to see a real old house fixer upper on that show- something the people they showcase would spit at and tear down rather than bring the beauty back into 

Sid

On 10/26/2017 at 10:41 PM, tony in ca. said:

I have always believed in a firm handshake and look straight in the eyes .

We have had this discussion with in family circles and they tell me : You have lot of self confidence and are not intimidated with strangers.

I cannot believe that statement!

Because I always felt inferior in education and good looks , & popularity, Business , But what propels me is ,"the happy to meet you" and yes," what you see is what you get and I have nothing to hide"

My wife does not feel comfortable in crowds and crowds do not intimated me because I love people in general , but not all people in particular!

I think lot of people now days  grow up with no confidence or self worth. Because society today makes them feel like just a number.

This why I value rural living because kids have opportunities to make decisions and  do things on their own, and see real life taking place along with nature's order. IE. animal birth, death , seeds growing, harvest,  Natures disasters. and so on.

Just my two cents,

Tony 

Your sentence about a lot of people growing up with no self confidence stuck out to me. 

People don’t need self confidence or self worth today because of Facebook and cell phones. It’s easy to be larger than life hiding behind technology, but get out in “ the real world “ and see how confident they become. 

2 hours ago, Ihfan4life said:

Your sentence about a lot of people growing up with no self confidence stuck out to me. 

People don’t need self confidence or self worth today because of Facebook and cell phones. It’s easy to be larger than life hiding behind technology, but get out in “ the real world “ and see how confident they become. 

a-yup

Been thinking that I can at times be one of those won't look at you people.

I can say this to you guys without ridicule as I'm sure you all have worked out I'm slightly looney.

I have a phobia of buttons. They disgust me. Some more so than others. Metal buttons on jeans don't affect me. But all other types do to a greater or lesser extent.

So you see if someone is wearing a particularly offensive button I can't look. Women's cardigan buttons are particularly foul. And they have to be  all done up at the bottom. Not two done up halfway.

I try not to wear shirts (hate that word) with buttons. If I do I can't look when I do them up. Can't look at myself in the mirror and I have to do up from the bottom.and undo from the top.

I was sorting through some of my late mothers stuff the other week and found several tins of buttons. Well by the third or forth I was nearly vomiting. Luckily morticia is very understanding and Che ked the tins for anything of any interest.

So yep you all know I'm a  loon. Please don't tell me to Man the @#$£ up because I have fought this for 40 years and I'm better than I was.

MTO, I can not believe that you called Seth a Masshole, B), he is from Vermont.  This is being said in a sarcastic voice.

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 5:48 PM, MTO said:

But the Minnie-Soda accent sure beats the crap they slobber in Boston!

I love to watch the projects they get into on "This Old House" but that slobbering they speak makes me either turn the channel or mute the volume. "Bastin"

Sorry Seth...