Sign in to follow this  
560Dennis

Blue jeans

I haven't bought work blue  jeans for a while. I think the last time was from gander mountain ,

this time I got 2 pairs from rural King ,not as heavy and the pockets not as deep, depth shorter, but for the price I'll give them a try . Cause,if  I get 2  years out of them ok ! 

WRANGLER.COM order exact size / type you want, 2 days later on door step. 18.95 all day long 

Work jeans from Goodwill or some kind of thrift store. 5.00 a pair. Good jeans from Goodwill or some kind of thrift store. 5.00 a pair. I'm starting to see a pattern here.:D

Dennis

Big r 19.99 a pair, last about 9 months darn barb wire.

TSC. They have about 4-5 sales/yr at $10/pr. Wear as good as any. 

I get wrangler's from wal-mart .

I like carpenter pants from the Ben Davis Company.  The are 14 OZ denim, cut to fit my 6'2" frame, 4 seam stitching, pockets properly sized and  positioned for tools.

They are really nice when Bush hogging a Texas brier patch, that hasn't been cut in years or when a rowdy steer decides to test his hooves or horns.

They list at $44.95 on the company website but places like Doms Outfitters in Livermore Ca, sell a little cheaper.  [ I have never seen Ben Davis at a Good Will store].

Full cut Wranglers are next on my list but they are  no where near has well made as Ben's.

1 hour ago, jingles1928 said:

from Goodwill or some kind of thrift store. 5.00

Concur!

best, randy

carhartt carpenter jeans from local family owned store in town.

Costco, Kirklands.  $12 bucks, last about 2 years and cheap enough dont hurt my feelings if hook on something or chemical burn em.  

Got some American made ones few years ago, AWESOME quality for $50.   Then day 2 a heifer jumped the wire, drug barbed wire over my thigh...tore em to rags.  Ugh

I get mine from Walts wholesale clothing co. They are a used uniform company.  Rental pants are made to last and used ones are very inexpensive.  Can't say Walts has always treated me exactly right, but for the prices, I'm willing to deal with them.  It's easier to concentrate on the work needing done without having to worry about ruining a $40 pair of pants. 

Retraction ! pockets are as deep. put them on a went to work , we'll see how they hold up

I looked up Wranglers site a while ago as the store I buy mine quit carrying the style I wear.  I think I counted over 40 different PART numbers, so to speak .  Never knew there could possibly be that many different shapes and styles and weights of a pair of jeans.  I like really light material as everything gets soooo heavy when you get old.  They don't last good but feel good. 

X2 yellowrosefarm, Walts Wholesale is cheap and last forever. I haven't had any problems with them yet, but I haven't ordered anything from them for 4-5 years. I bought enough uniforms from them to last 6-7 years.

Alan

FR Carhartt blue jeans for work, $60 bucks.  No way around it!!!

Matt

1 hour ago, IHC5488 said:

$60 bucks.

As the locals up here are wont to mutter - "Uff-dah".

best, randy

3 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

Matt

Walts currently has the Carhartt branded jeans for $13.95, but it's hit or miss if they will have your size, and they will try to talk you into a substitution if they don't. Regular uniform pants are as low as $3, industrial jeans $9

Wife used to buy me Lees jeans, sometimes in only 2-3 months of casual wear the legs above the knee would be threadbare and rip from seam to seam.  

I've been buying carpenter jeans made by Dickies at Blains Farm & Fleet.  They wear almost as good as Carharts at half the price.

3 hours ago, DOCTOR EVIL said:

I've been buying carpenter jeans made by Dickies at Blains Farm & Fleet.  They wear almost as good as Carharts at half the price.

I've been doing the same for 7-8 years now.  Comfortable, affordable and wear well.  F+F puts them on sale several times a year.

Everything a man needs can be bought at Fleet Farm!

8 hours ago, IHC5488 said:

Matt

Yep, wearing some right now.  And the Alaska rate is 80

I usually buy at Sheplers.  Order 10 pair at a time as an incentive to stay on track weight wise.. 

Yup, Ben Davis's are very good, also Wild Ass that Baileys logging supply sell. Double fronts they last for many years. They do have buttons for suspenders on them.

I am a duluth person now. They have all kinds of styles to fit a persons needs . I love the fire hose pants, a little break in time, deep pockets, and they don't pinch down under ! You can return them without a question. The sizes run true. I also have 3 different lined fire hose pants. I was hunting with my muzzle loader in green briars  last year ( they were fleece lined ) very impressed with how they held up, minimal pulls was the only damage. They are expensive though butr worth it imo. Hope this helps.

Jason

Cowboy cut Wranglers, bought last couple pairs from Amazon.

Sometimes buy local, sometimes online.