And the 756 on the cover belongs to one of our own.  Way to go Jeff!!!

jerry

THANKS Jerry.

Very humbled. Dad would be proud.  

Got mine too. Just got done reading about the 756. Dont know jeff or his dad but lived around Newton/Baxter all my life. Calvin Simbros father in law was a good friend of my dad and who dad talked grandma into giving grandpa's first tractor to , a regular, which he bought new in Baxter. Bought it back from Cals Bil a few years ago. I worked with Cal for a few years and asked him advice on several ocasions. Heard a few stories about demo days and newton imp too. Also met Bob Smith a couple years ago when i bought some parts from him and talked tractors....both nice guys. Have heard some of the other names mentioned too....kinda had a lump in my throat reading about the 756 and all involved. Neat story.

2 hours ago, SMiller said:

Pic?

30C67B72-2B9E-4E21-AB45-9E81F355F87F.jpeg

It drew alot of attention at Red Power this year. Jeff added some cool options to it. The front mount hyd hook ups and dealer decals jeff added were asked about regularly. 

20170616_192523.jpg

20170616_192537.jpg

Anything Jeff does is first class!!!  Eason

Congratulations Jeff !

That is the nicest 756 I have seen.

Tony

Enjoyed visiting with Jeff at his booth,also had a chance to visit with Brian Long.Jeff also worked his magic on the badges on my 1456.

Ok, first of all that is beautiful. So I'm not always the most observant and mean no disrespect but haven't ever noticed the wedges on the outside of the rears before. Was this common elsewhere?? Is that how it was? Just asking. Fine job on restoration. 

Dave

10 hours ago, Missouri Mule said:

Ok, first of all that is beautiful. So I'm not always the most observant and mean no disrespect but haven't ever noticed the wedges on the outside of the rears before. Was this common elsewhere?? Is that how it was? Just asking. Fine job on restoration. 

Dave

Depending on how you wanted your wheel width.  Flipping them would give you a 2 inch one way or the other.  Sometimes the axle didn't give you the width you wanted exactly.

jerry

Congrats Jeff , it's really cool you have your dads old tractor back and all restored 😊

Danny 

On 10/23/2017 at 9:05 PM, jeff311 said:

THANKS Jerry.

Very humbled. Dad would be proud.  

Jeff, GREAT article, just read it. And thanks again for the help you provided Kathleen and I at Half Century.

Erich

Just got my Red Power and read the article. Best article I've read in a long time!! Way to go Jeff!

1 minute ago, Eason said:

Just got my Red Power and read the article. Best article I've read in a long time!! Way to go Jeff!

Agree, very good article.

3 hours ago, Sledgehammer said:

Agree, very good article.

X2

Tony

great story! i agree Jeff is first class. I needed a Farmall emblem for my 1206, to replace the International emblem that was on it since i bought the tractor. I saw Jeff at HCOP and asked him to send me the best used emblem he had, and this showed up in the mail. pretty nice! Thanks, Jeff.

2003-03-07 13.07.43.jpg

8 hours ago, Eason said:

Eason and All,  just got my RPM out of the mailbox 15 minutes ago.  I would go so far as to say Jeff's was The BEST article I've ever read in RPM in 30+ years of suscribing.

I especially liked how he handled the situation I face,  At what point does a tractor stop being Dad's tractor?  Answer is it doesn't.

That was a great story, I too remember coming home from school to a new IH. Thanks for bringing back the memory! On pg43 lower right photo it looks like the handle attached to the seat support is for the PTO, was that a factory option? I have never seen that.

Looks great, Jeff!  Glad that I could help you source some parts for the restoration. A picture I took at the Roundup.

20170614_191059.jpg

Well fellas, here's another photo to prove the backstory I wrote. As you may recall, I stated that my wife Lisa and son Sam joined me on the tractor when we got to the fairgrounds. Well, I forgot that Aaron had his trusty camera out and snapped this shot as we were creeping down the Grand Avenue concourse in front of that huge IH pylon sign. Truth in advertising here B) As you can see, we are still in High 3rd with the stick back touring that row of nice 56 series tractors. I was still on cloud-nine from that hour drive to the fairgrounds.

It's been a great week and I appreciate all the fine accolades. It was a fun story to live...and write.

All my BEST to you guys.