Sign in to follow this  
neil33

BD144- Where do these "O" rings go?

So Where do these 2 "O" rings go?......in centre of B275 head gasket kit photo.

A bit of history...I purchased a part restored 275 some time ago and finally have it running after many years but have some issues, possibly connected to the above "O" rings. The engine is running, but with low oil pressure and I also found considerable water in the sump when changing the oil today. The head has been off several times and the previous owner had it skimmed and  new valves fitted but other than that I'm not sure what else has been done. Another issue I noted after I refitted the head with new gasket was a small water leak from around one of the head bolds (outside the rocker cover). So..... When I bought the head gasket kit, I could not see where these two "O" rings would go (maybe the old ones were not there). I can also not find any reference to these in the parts catalogue.

Any advice appreciated.....

$_58.JPG

1.jpg

2.jpg

Are they square section orings? I believe they fit the round holes in the lower corners of the head gasket,

5 hours ago, R190 said:

Are they square section orings? I believe they fit the round holes in the lower corners of the head gasket,

I think you are absolutely correct...they are a square section and fit the gasket holes perfectly. Maybe I should have asked this question before fitting the head!...hopefully this will fix the water in the sump issue although with the water in one of the head bolt holes, I'm not that sure.