IHFarmer07

826 with a d358 combine engine

Ok got the tractor running and had been farming with it for a month or so, now my dad is not real happy with the performance with it, lol he said that his 706 will walk circles around it (which he's not wrong, we've dynoed it at 160hp or so) I would have thought the 1420 combine engine would have been more than capable to come close or beyond the 706's performance. We had a turbo on it that was on it before with the 358 that broke the crank, and it seemed to choke it down and had no spunk. Took the turbo off and it seems a little better but still not quite up to snuff. Is there any fuel adjustment to the electronic shutoff VE pump? How much can one get out of this setup with the turbo that the turbo is a T04B80(have this on the 706 also)?

Bump.....Anyone?

I think you need to pull the fuel pump off and have a shop calibrate it to 826 specs.  Combines pumps are set differently than tractors.

1 hour ago, Eason said:

I think you need to pull the fuel pump off and have a shop calibrate it to 826 specs.  Combines pumps are set differently than tractors.

Ya I was afraid of that. Are those pumps easy to find parts, work on compared to the older models, because the pump shops that we have taken the older ones said that the heads are hydraulically driven or something like that and made it a PIA to get it right and the chroming can't be done on the parts that are worn in the states because we can't do it like the Germans. Thanks Eason  

I think the combine pump parts are still available.  Eason