RoyUrban

Super A carb question

I Have a question for you guys regarding my 1950 Farmall Super A rebuilt/refurbish project. The man who gave me this tractor did a lot of “innovative” improvements and fixes over the past 67 years.  I’m fairly sure that the Zenith carb that’s on this machine is an aftermarket replacement since the air intake does not connect with the air filter housing. Or, perhaps, these tractors were made this way for a reason.   Please see the pictures.  The previous owner tie wrapped a connecting piece made of a cloth tube to connect the carb with the filter housing. So here is my question.....is there a part that can be purchased to make the connection, or do I have to be “innovative” like the previous owner?  Any help is greatly appreciated!

6CF4C4F6-0674-40FC-BA09-86966674D754.jpeg

Roy

Welcome to the forum.    The carburetor to air cleaner connection is made like this from the factory.    You are missing a piece of "stick" hose that is about 1 1/2" in diameter and maybe 2 to 2 1/2" long.   Be sure to put 2 hose clamps on the hose, one on the carburetor end and one on the air cleaner end.  When you remove the air cleaner to install the  new hose and clamps,  you need to look at the inside of the air cleaner and be sure it is not plugged with dirt.    For your sake I hope this tractor hasn't been run in dirty conditions with out the hose connected. 

You may need to adjust your carburetor mixture after reconnecting the intake hose.

GT&T

GT&T, many thanks for your quick response as well as sharing your expertise!  Tremendous help!!  I’ve cleaned and rebuilt the carb.  It wasn’t tooooo bad.  I’ll find a piece of hose and make the connection. Thanks again.