farmerole

3594 value

Hey guys, what can I expect to get for our 3594 needing a trans rebuild?  Paint is original but good, newly rebuilt radiator, new compressor, new cab interior, new hytran, dynos 180, with 5600 hrs.  Engine uses no oil.  18.4-42 with clamp on duals. Think I'm just going to sell it rather than fix it. 

I would take this discussion to the Case forum on ytmag.com      More Case knowledge their since your tractor is a Case painted red.  Certainly would not scrap it until those guys have given you their suggestions.      

5 hours ago, farmerole said:

Hey guys, what can I expect to get for our 3594 needing a trans rebuild?  Paint is original but good, newly rebuilt radiator, new compressor, new cab interior, new hytran, dynos 180, with 5600 hrs.  Engine uses no oil.  18.4-42 with clamp on duals. Think I'm just going to sell it rather than fix it. 

Its worth what the motor and tires will bring.  Bought several for just the motors for excavators. Tried selling other parts with out much luck 

Wish it was closer those are neat tractors, and I am assuming by trans you mean power shift is out?

Won't move in 1 or 2 in any range.  Tech is coming again today to check pressure.  Relay board was OK from what he could tell. Checking around to see what parts would cost for rebuild.  We have a community college with an outstanding diesel tech program that does this type of work.  Have used them before with great results.  Saves labor cost with just a $500 donation to the program.  Might be able to get in there if I want to keep it.

That would be C1 clutch that doesn't go out very often. Be sure and check solenoid, if that's good I had 2594 that got a piece of gasket stuck in it one time no need to split then😃

I just fixed one with this exact problem, relay board seemed ok, but is only $200, so tried a new one, and works good now....might be worth a try, cheap fix if you get lucky like I did....

Putting a relay board in tomorrow... here's hoping!

I paid 10K for my 3394, it came out of the Red River valley. It had a tick noise in the trans and would slip in every other PS gear. Cab interior was top notch for a tractor with 7100 hours. It had 900 hours on 4 brand new 18.4/42 rear tires. Paint was great. 

I had it narrowed down to a bad part in the front 2 speed PS. As soon as I dropped the front output I saw the problem.

Dad and I split it in my shop, ordered a bunch of new parts for the C5/C6 clutches, cost me $1,800 ordered it all right off the Case/IH site.

200 hours later I still smile at the deal I got on that tractor. :)

My vote is electrical problem, odd to have both 1 & 2 go at the same time with no slipping.

2017-10-12_11-09-34.jpg

Tech found two electrical problems.  One was on the relay board...metal strip between terminals was broken.  He soldered that together and checked out good.  Second was one of the three shift solenoids on right of trans is dead.  He switched with a good one and it worked fine.  Checked all hyd pressure...all up to specs.  Did find 15 amp fuse blown as a result of solenoid he thought.  At any rate, relieved it's not mechanical so tractor lives to pull another day. Thanks for all the advice...always helpful.

We'll, it's not right yet...replaced bad shift solenoid.  Now it may move in 1, nothing in 2, 3 OK, 4&6 will move but same speed, and 5 is faster than 4&6.  Will replace relay board now even though tech thought it was OK.  I know nothing about this trans setup but it sure seems electrical to me the way 4, 5, and 6 act.  Fingers are crossed it is the relay board.

The 6 speed uses the same 3 speed as all other tractors, but it has a 2 speed PS in front of the 3 speed. Basicaly a T/A as it only has underdrive or direct.

When the 6 speed is in PS 1, the front PS is in under drive and the rear the 3 speed PS is in 1st, when shifted to 2, the front PS goes to direct and the rear PS stays in 1. when shifted to 3 the front PS goes back to under driving and the rear goes to 2nd. it keeps  repeating this sequence of under/ direct while working through 1-2-3 of the rear PS.

If you problems are in just the even or just the odd, then it's a front PS problem, if there in 1-2, 3-4, or 5-6 then its the rear PS.

being that 5 is faster then 4 and 6 on yours, it still says electrical to me. 4 is direct drive, PS 2. while 5 is under drive PS 3, and 6 is direct PS 3. you either have a whole pile of burnt clutches or a very bad electrical gremlin

A red 2 wd 2394 with 4800 hours just brought 23,000 on a retirement sale here. A 4440 JD with 8000 hours brought 24500. Both were 2 owner well kept his 1660 with 4500 hrs brought 7000.

Tech found the problem.  A solenoid valve was stuck.  It was really scuffed up but after some buffing it works as it should now.  Lucky to have a cih mechanic nearby that's got some experience working on these old girls. Thanks for all the advice on the problem.