Sign in to follow this  
656hydro

2009 7000 series lights flashing in truck

A customer brought me his 2009 7000 series truck. It is about a 5 yd truck, single axle with snowplow and wing. It was originally a county plow truck. When the key is  on or truck running the lights for the rocker switches that control various add on accessories continual flash. (panel in second picture upper right)  This is a multiplex system with just 4 wires running to the panel in the picture. One is power, the 2nd ground and the gray/ blue twisted runs to a module and then it sorts out the signal and commands the correct piece to operate. If this works like Western's snow plow multiplex, when the light flashes, it means it lost communication with the module. The blue and gray wires go to a panel  (in the second picture lower left) that controls differential lock, air suspension, etc. This seems to be working. Is it likely this panel is not working or am I missing something else? Thanks, Art

a ih trck 1 .JPG

a ih trck 2.JPG

Art

I know it is very difficult to try to explain in words what is happening in an electrical circuit.  I'm not sure I understand what is happening.   Does the problem go away when the power supply to the red and white wires are removed?   If the problem goes away, then try to feed the harness  from another power supply.

GT&T

The lights on the rocker switches flash in unision. On Western plows with multiplex, the power light on the controller (a small led at the top) flashes when the controller loses communication with the module, which is out on the plow. Usually this is the plug in connector at the grille. It seems The red and white wires supply the power for the light on the switch so that part is working. The blue and white wires go to the control panel that operate 5 rocker switches: plow lights, dump / Susp, lock / Off, on / air assist, park / regen . From looking at info on the web at Body builder, panels with switches are added as needed in parallel and simply connected to the previous panel of switches. Since the first panel lights don't flash and the switches perform their various functions, it seems like it is the add on panel with flashing lights that is the problem. The panel in question routes it signal to the other panel so that part of the circuit seems ok.