Sign in to follow this  
BartVD

Trip to the USA

We are in Waterloo. Yesterday we visited a truck stop at the 80. And stopped by some combines in the field. Today Kinze and JD museum. Tomorrow Big Bud and JD engine plant.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 6:42 PM, BartVD said:

I'm from Belgium. The trip we are making is organised by a dutch travel agency. So me friend and I are the only Belgians the otters are from Holland. We are with 12 people. Now we are in Moline, tomorrow we visit JD and a truck stop. This is the website of the travel agency : www.trekkerskieken.nl 

Being your Dutch ,Your leaving a lot on the table if you do not come to Calif.

Tulare County ca. is the Dairy capital of the world most huge dairies are owned by Dutch Hho have migrated from Holland to Chino Calif. then to Tulare & Fresno Counties Ca.

To fully appreciated USA Ag you need to include Ca. Ag.

Tony

Look me up at the toy show we will be set up in the high school gym northeast corner.

Sounds like a great trip ! You're getting to see places a lot of us would love to but may never see! Enjoy!

23 hours ago, tony in ca. said:

Being your Dutch ,Your leaving a lot on the table if you do not come to Calif.

Tulare County ca. is the Dairy capital of the world most huge dairies are owned by Dutch Hho have migrated from Holland to Chino Calif. then to Tulare & Fresno Counties Ca.

To fully appreciated USA Ag you need to include Ca. Ag.

Tony

I'm nog Dutch but Belgian. The travel agency is dutch. Altough I live on the border with Holland. As it's an organised trip I can't chose where to go. So California will be for a later trip.

22 hours ago, Big Steve said:

Look me up at the toy show we will be set up in the high school gym northeast corner.

We Will be there on saturday. What are you selling?

10 minutes ago, BartVD said:

I'm nog Dutch but Belgian

Chuckle, well, just as long as you're not from below sea level (I used to fly DC-10s into Schiphol at Amsterdam, still can visualize those diked fields we used to look at on the ground beneath us there).

best, randy

31 minutes ago, Randy Sohn said:

Chuckle, well, just as long as you're not from below sea level (I used to fly DC-10s into Schiphol at Amsterdam, still can visualize those diked fields we used to look at on the ground beneath us there).

best, randy

Well, we are below sea level. The church of our village is about 2.5 ft under sea level. It's called the polders. Very good soil. My house is built on a dike.

Back at home. Some pictures of the many I took.

DSCF6097.JPG

DSCF6142.JPG

DSCF6164.JPG

DSCF6367.JPG

DSCF6430.JPG

DSCF6530.JPG

DSCF6540.JPG

1 hour ago, BartVD said:

Back at home. Some pictures of the many I took.

DSCF6097.JPG

DSCF6142.JPG

DSCF6164.JPG

DSCF6367.JPG

DSCF6430.JPG

DSCF6530.JPG

DSCF6540.JPG

Hope you had a good time over here in the USA. The toy picture made me smile a little. Neighbor down the road passed away a month ago at 71 from diabetes. He was big IHC guy and ran super Ms with farmhands for snow removal in town.He had a toy with farmhand but was allis chalmers not IH. He mounted it on a toy Super m. My little brother had the real M with farmhand toy from his godfather who was a farmhand parts dealer. Neighbor always wanted to trade his put together toy with allis for the real M toy in box. He had the toy M farmhand on his casket at funeral. Just picture of toys made me think of him and smile a little.