Sign in to follow this  
BartVD

Trip to the USA

Recommended Posts

I've just booked a trip with a travel agency specialised in Agricultural trips. Is a group of 10 men. We drive trough Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.

Visiting CNH, Cat, Kinze and John Deere (a plough manufacturer, I was told). It's from 26 oct till 7 nov. What weather can we expect?

We also visit a toy show in Dyersville.

Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SURELY you guys could connect with SOMEBODY on here along your routes in WI/IL/IA.

But leave your JD hats on that side of the pond!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather can be all over the place. Generally upper 40's low 50's but it could be snow showers or it could be 65*F. Daylight getting short so I would plan on long sleeve shirt and medium weight jacket.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soybeans will be harvested. and given decent weather, corn will be nearing completion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just down the road from my house when u come visit the magnum tractor plant. Just a short 3hr drive to dyersville then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a fun trip, you will experience some of the best that the USA has to offer, the toy show is huge, make sure you go to the ertl museum next door.

If for some reason you make it into central Michigan, look me up, you can run the grain cart, or chop stalks, or chisel plow, or etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the weather can be all over the place this time of year.....might be real nice one day and 29 degrees and rain or snow and windy the next. Getn dark around 7:30 ish central time now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MTO said:

SURELY you guys could connect with SOMEBODY on here along your routes in WI/IL/IA.

But leave your JD hats on that side of the pond!

JD hat? I normally wear a New Holland hat, as we have a NH dealership.

 

6 hours ago, superih said:

Sounds like a fun trip, you will experience some of the best that the USA has to offer, the toy show is huge, make sure you go to the ertl museum next door.

If for some reason you make it into central Michigan, look me up, you can run the grain cart, or chop stalks, or chisel plow, or etc.

I 'don't know if we visit the ERTL museum. It's an organised trip so I have to follow the leader.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weather , anything is possible , I would  not pack anything , to heavy or light ,buy it when get here if needed and donate it back to reduce baggage weight when you leave your  . Light swim trunks for hotel pool ,hot tubs but you  can buy that here to . Your tour guide can direct you the best spots for that , sometimes the hotels are right next to outlet shopping malls ,so you set up to get what you need .

Goto weather channel for weather in locations and plug in postal zip code for places you are staying to help you determine  packing weight of close.

Electric razor set for 120 volts !,or anything else like power supply for phone,computer 

have fun welcome 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the states, for the moment in Wisconsin. And it's cold. Today we visited a JD collection, the Keller collection and the Harley Davidson museum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where in WI?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome! enjoy it. I am an hour west of St. Louis Mo but It doesn't sound like your making it to MO. Have fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MTO said:

Where in WI?

Mount Pleasant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BartVD said:

Mount Pleasant.

You can dip your toes in Lake Michigan over there! I'm a couple hours west.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rainman said:

You can dip your toes in Lake Michigan over there! I'm a couple hours west.

Is Lake Michigan heated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BartVD said:

I'm in the states, for the moment in Wisconsin. And it's cold. Today we visited a JD collection, the Keller collection and the Harley Davidson museum.

YOU WERE NOT TO FAR FROM ME. I HAVE BEEN TO THE KELLERS MANY TIMES. VERY GOOD COLLECTION. WALTER OWNS MANY # 1 OF JOHN DEERES. TRY GET TO FARMALL LAND IN IOWA..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely someone up der from this forum can meet/greet/entertain you since you came ALL this way Bart! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BartVD said:

Is Lake Michigan heated? 

Sure is, by the Sun....:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rainman said:

Sure is, by the Sun....:D

She doesn't do à very good job right now. Today we are in Peoria to visit CAT and à Ford collector.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BartVD said:

She doesn't do à very good job right now. Today we are in Peoria to visit CAT and à Ford collector.

Now you're 4 hours away, I hope you're enjoying the USA trip/tour.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2017 at 8:49 AM, BartVD said:

Is Lake Michigan heated? 

Sure - but only in July and August! <g>

best, randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BartVD said:

She doesn't do à very good job right now. Today we are in Peoria to visit CAT and à Ford collector.

Have fun in the USA nice you were able to come visit.  After years of running green and red we are slowly switching to blue NH equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bart where are you from?  Too bad you couldnt get out to the plains and mountain states.

God bless have great trip.  Id love to do the same on your side of the pond.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TroyDairy said:

Bart where are you from?  Too bad you couldnt get out to the plains and mountain states.

God bless have great trip.  Id love to do the same on your side of the pond.

I'm from Belgium. The trip we are making is organised by a dutch travel agency. So me friend and I are the only Belgians the otters are from Holland. We are with 12 people. Now we are in Moline, tomorrow we visit JD and a truck stop. This is the website of the travel agency : www.trekkerskieken.nl 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dale560 said:

Have fun in the USA nice you were able to come visit.  After years of running green and red we are slowly switching to blue NH equipment.

Good job, altough I'm a IH fan, for the new equipment I prefer blue. It's my third time in the US and I hope more will folow. I really like your country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this