Jaa600

National anthem protests

On 10/2/2017 at 2:07 PM, Art From DeLeon said:

BTW,  our resident LIEBERALS seem to forget this:

It has to be pretty bad when even Snopes has to admit that the incident actually occurred.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp

anthem_shadow.png

Quoted for the truth.

Your a good man Art!

Read somewhere yesterday a post where someone suggested sending the big tough kneeling stars to Afghanistan and bringing the underpaid soldiers home. 

Thought that was a cool idea!

And another good idea was when these kneeling stars go down on a knee, announcer then breaks from the anthem into a prayer. 

That would surely confuse them... duh! What do we do now coach?!

18 minutes ago, MTO said:

And another good idea was when these kneeling stars go down on a knee, announcer then breaks from the anthem into a prayer. 

That would surely confuse them... duh! What do we do now coach?!

Awesome

Thanks MTO

Ah, but taking a knee is ok. Praying would be fined.

Holy crap don't pray, those anti religion groups will shut down the whole thing and then what will we have to talk about. I just don't under stand this whole thing, one minute people can't fly the flag high enough and the next they are doing the kneeling thing. My self I will all ways stand proud for our flag and pray for those that do not. I feel if they want to protest do it a different way, but they sure are getting attention doing it this way.

6 hours ago, ottofreise said:

Holy crap don't pray, those anti religion groups will shut down the whole thing and then what will we have to talk about. I just don't under stand this whole thing, one minute people can't fly the flag high enough and the next they are doing the kneeling thing. My self I will all ways stand proud for our flag and pray for those that do not. I feel if they want to protest do it a different way, but they sure are getting attention doing it this way.

The wrong kind of attention imo tho

I agree the wrong kind

Oh, how quick the nfl forgets...

No automatic alt text available.

NFL (Medium).JPG

Why those no good........

These guys are ENTERTAINERS!!! nothing more nothing less.   Hired as entertainers, under contract  as entertainers and (in my opinion) should be paid as entertainers..   Just like a comedian that only tells offensive jokes and loses his audience so should the protesting ENTERTAINERS loose their jobs...   They can do anything they want when they are out of the arena.   BUT if they worked for me and insisted on protesting on my dime,  they would be out of a job..     We can all look at what happened with the Dixie Chicks,  One critical  political comment and MASS boycott..  Then same should happen here. 

P.S.  I do support the freedom of free speech 

7 minutes ago, gonzo 1066 said:

These guys are ENTERTAINERS!!! nothing more nothing less.   Hired as entertainers, under contract  as entertainers and (in my opinion) should be paid as entertainers..   Just like a comedian that only tells offensive jokes and loses his audience so should the protesting ENTERTAINERS loose their jobs...   They can do anything they want when they are out of the arena.   BUT if they worked for me and insisted on protesting on my dime,  they would be out of a job..     We can all look at what happened with the Dixie Chicks,  One critical comment political comment and MASS boycott..  Then same should happen here. 

P.S.  I do support the freedom of free speech 

Good point Gonzo.

Nice to hear from you.

7 hours ago, gonzo 1066 said:

BUT if they worked for me and insisted on protesting on my dime,  they would be out of a job..

But they don't work for you.  For better or worse their actual employers have permitted this.

I'm fully supportive of people that have got their panties in a bunch over this to quit watching if they're so deeply offended.  After all as we've been told the "free market" economy that we have will sort everything out in the end.

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

But they don't work for you.  For better or worse their actual employers have permitted this.

I'm fully supportive of people that have got their panties in a bunch over this to quit watching if they're so deeply offended.  After all as we've been told the "free market" economy that we have will sort everything out in the end.

It seems ANY type of behavior is acceptable to many. I`m not many.

12 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I agree 100 percent.....    We all should vote with our pocket book..   Find the advertisers of NFL, draft a letter to them telling of your intent..  THEN follow through on it..     REFUSE to buy Budweiser beer,  or whoever is supporting these bad actors.  

Personally I hope a lot of people are very insulted and turn in their Packer season tickets so my daughter can move up the waiting list and she can take me to some games.....

What do you think the odds of that happening are?

4 minutes ago, pete23 said:

Pretty good odds. 

Hardly any I think.

4 minutes ago, pete23 said:

Pretty good odds. 

I hope you are correct. A snowflake that I work with said that nobody will stop watching NFL because of the protests. I said that it's pretty sad if that many people have no values 

Like Arron Tippin sang you have to stand for something or you will fall for anything

My wife just saw a special news flash on instagram stating: 

------ that the Chicago police department has replaced all sirens on their police cars with the national anthem to force fleeing suspects to stop running and take a knee!!!!

Congratulations on the good thinking Chicago!!!!:blink:;)

Sure like your "No NFL" shirts MTO-----keep up the good work.

DD 

Here are some “fun” NFL facts

In 2012 the NFL had an issue with Tim Tebow kneeling for each game to pray, they also had an issue with Tebow wearing John 3:16 as part of his blackout to avoid glare and made him take it off.

In 2013 the NFL fined Brandon Marshall for wearing green cleats to raise awareness for people with mental health disorders.

In 2014 Robert Griffin III (RG3) entered a post-game press conference wearing a shirt that said "Know Jesus Know Peace" but was forced to turn it inside out by an NFL uniform inspector before speaking at the podium.

In 2015 DeAngelo Williams was fined for wearing "Find the Cure" eye black for breast cancer awareness.

In 2015 William Gay was fined for wearing purple cleats to raise awareness for domestic                                                           violence. (not that the NFL has a domestic violence problem...)

In 2016 the NFL prevented the Dallas Cowboys from wearing a decal on their helmet in honor of 5 Dallas Police officers killed in the line of duty.

In 2016 the NFL threatened to fine players who wanted to wear cleats to commemorate the 15th anniversary of 9/11.

So tell me again how the NFL supports free speech and expression all of a sudden....

Tell me if this is correct ? 

icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png

yes and a guy just sent me a e mail of how many of these overpaid players complaining about  racism have a lot of kids with a lot of different moms didn't realize all of that.

Was watching the Lions play the Browns today (yea, I'm not a boycotter; shoot me).  Anyway I didn't see the before game so I don't know if there were kneelers or not.  What I did see from the Lions players (Golden Tate I think:?) was that his post TD celebration (along w/ other's) was a salute.  I took it that it was directed at Veteran's Day and a respectful acknowledgement to those serving our Nation but I'm sure there are those that would dispute that intent and motive.

2 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Was watching the Lions play the Browns today (yea, I'm not a boycotter; shoot me).  Anyway I didn't see the before game so I don't know if there were kneelers or not.  What I did see from the Lions players (Golden Tate I think:?) was that his post TD celebration (along w/ other's) was a salute.  I took it that it was directed at Veteran's Day and a respectful acknowledgement to those serving our Nation but I'm sure there are those that would dispute that intent and motive.

Well then when you get the shirt I sent you, send it back traitor!

NFL (Medium).JPG

4 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

I heard something about that, nice to see they are trying to show some respect for the veterans. It is not enough for me to change how I spend my money, but thats me.  Regarding the protests, I think they are showing less of the protesting to not stir the pot or annoy the sponsors, but i have no facts for that. I know they say that the protest is not aimed at veterans, but i find it offensive, and i am a veteran, so my money will go elsewhere