Jaa600

National anthem protests

14 minutes ago, Ian Beale said:

Thanks for the good read.  

ESPN was showing baseball in the mess hall tonight. The ticker on the bottom said that Nielsen ratings show the NFL viewing down 11% for the year, and that is the whole season,  looks like they just realized that was a iceberg they hit

Direct TV is refunding "Sunday Ticket" packages to their customers after the weak knee syndrome hit the Million Dollar Babies. LOL!

If the want to get attention and see if they really have fan support then why don't they take a knee during the opening kick off

Our local VFW ran an article in last night`s paper advertising a Steelers jersey/terrible towel bonfire for this weekend. 

They stated ANY NFL jersey is welcome. 

People around here are pi$$ed. 

Local retired Army Corporal put this up this morning. 

Kneelers (Medium).JPG

19 minutes ago, MTO said:

Local retired Army Corporal put this up this morning. 

Kneelers (Medium).JPG

I love it!

Brandon Tatum has it right!

2 hours ago, MTO said:

Our local VFW ran an article in last night`s paper advertising a Steelers jersey/terrible towel bonfire for this weekend. 

They stated ANY NFL jersey is welcome. 

People around here are pi$$ed. 

uh, well yeah. being an NFL fan is not something you claim in public anymore.

Some of the Vet groups online just threw a shoe when a picture of someone taking a knee during Taps at the Tomb of the Unknown Solder was published on the internet, to claim they are Pi$$ed is an understatement,

Agree Rawleigh about Tatum. 

2 hours ago, AKwelder said:

taking a knee during Taps at the Tomb of the Unknown Solder 

Welder, about that time I would have needed bail money because I would have lost it.     Where do these people come from??  

I will state again that they have the right to protest. But so does every other American. Our protest can be in the form of the "pocketbook". We don't have to buy tickets. We don't have to pay for ESPN. We don't have to support them by watching games on TV. I think most Americans, or at least hope most would join a protest if they could prove a particular segment of the government was condoning discrimination against Americans of any race, ethnic origin or religion. But to protest the federal government because some cop in Nowheresville is a bigot isn't addressing the problem. All they are doing is getting people angry at them, the players and owners. Professional athletes and team owners and the staff including coaches make up a tiny part of the population, .00000000000001% maybe. They make 100s of thousands to millions of dollars a year playing games. What I question is why are they angry? Is it because of their status? That they still can be arrested for DUI, child or spouse abuse, trying to run down meter maids or even murder in spite of that status? Doesn't matter, our voice will be louder than theirs..........money is always louder. From what I've read on here and in the news I think the pocketbook protestors are going to win.

Rick

Rick, I agree 110%. If they have a legitimate issue then protest all you want, but find a different way to protest. Not wanting to make this political, but part of HRC issues were that no one knew what she was for or against. Same here, .... "what is the protest"?  I also agree that the best way for you and me to protest is to not buy a ticket, or a jersey or anything related to the team. I watch my Hawkeye football, and the Hawkeye womens basketball. If not those two, ESPN never gets turned on.  I can't remember the last time I watched pro football, and I have no intention of starting anytime soon.   Yes, the pocketbook trumps the protest.  

I can't tell you but about 2 or 3 NASCAR drivers, to paraphrase what an owner was quoted to have said to his drivers.... "If you take a knee, I'll buy you a bus ticket home".

4 hours ago, dads706 said:

Welder, about that time I would have needed bail money because I would have lost it.     Where do these people come from??  

We would have shared a ride to the jail

17 minutes ago, AKwelder said:

We would have shared a ride to the jail

We can start a go fund me account for bail money for us all.......

I do not know the context, and I am not aware of any tradition for TAPS, but this blows my mind

IMG_0357.thumb.JPG.db1c0ac53205910a9dc94c841dd200db.JPG

He sure has the right, but to me this is way out of line

1 hour ago, AKwelder said:

I do not know the context, and I am not aware of any tradition for TAPS, but this blows my mind

Thing is the more they do stuff like that the more people they are losing as possible supporters.

Rick

On 9/26/2017 at 11:35 PM, rcb said:

I will be interested to see if people are really committed to "voice" their opinion. I've already seen a lot of people who were hot to begin with now saying "Well, I won't let them take away something I enjoy no matter what." There are some honked off people to be sure, but will it be enough to shake the tree?

Sheeple didn't even make itva week... fb is all a buzz because both teams stood tonight... hooked arm in arm.... Nope still a political statement.... Not buying it..

IMO aint no body worth {regardless what they do for a living} over $200,000 a year let alone the kind of money they get paid yes they have the right to do whatever floats there boat BUT all actions have consequences and repercussions don't ask me how I found that out. rant over thanks russ 

13 hours ago, AKwelder said:

Why is this guy even there, for a selfie opportunity? He obviously doesn't care about the reason everyone else is there, to pay their respects. He certainly isn't respecting anyone with his "protest". Surprised he didn't get an a$$ kicking while doing that. Oh wait, everybody else was paying their respects, and that would have been disrespectful to hand out a whooping there.

1 hour ago, RBootsMI said:

Why is this guy even there, for a selfie opportunity? He obviously doesn't care about the reason everyone else is there, to pay their respects. He certainly isn't respecting anyone with his "protest". Surprised he didn't get an a$$ kicking while doing that. Oh wait, everybody else was paying their respects, and that would have been disrespectful to hand out a whooping there.

You are correct, everyone else was being respectful. I'd be curious to know if he made it out of there unscathed?

There was a time when people strived to prove their ambition/intelligence/strength/uniqueness/worth/courage/patriotism in order to stand out/above the rest. 

When you have NONE of the above, you stoop to these tactics and get your pic on Facebook. 

Stopped at the local diner for a bite just now. News was showing the NBA commissioner who told the press they have a rule you stand during the anthems.  If the other sports leagues are bailing on the NFL it must have really taken a hit to the money.