Jaa600

National anthem protests

On 9/24/2017 at 10:25 PM, f30puller said:

The 1st ammendment only protects you from the .gov making laws. An employer can censor you all they want as long as you work for them. The owners will get hurt financially and things will change 

You are absolutely right.

OK, lets put this in perspective. The US government doesn't condone cops killing anyone without due cause. If it suspects racism is involved they will investigate in a heartbeat. Most Americans don't condone cops killing people without just cause either. I don't know of any police department that has a shoot first ask questions later policy either. So these protest are full on BS. If they had a legitimate cause I would support said protest. Look up the numbers. I did. This whole matter is something any farmer would spread on his fields.

Rick

On 9/24/2017 at 6:40 AM, 1586 Jeff said:

Could I get a list of NFL sponsors?

The way that I see it is this:

If you do not respect the National Anthem of the United States of America, then why are you in the United States of America?

They are a bunch of prostitutes, that is why.  If America is as bad as they say that it its, they should leave.  Except they are being paid enormous amounts of money to play a child's game.  A state of arrested development.  They provide nothing anyone needs, nor do they provide an essential service, yet they protest against those people who do.  And don't forget, most of these games are played in taxpayer subsidized stadiums.  And no, they do not have a right to protest during a game.  They are being paid to do a job and can protest on their own time.  I know of no employee that can protest on his employers time, so I blame this whole mess on the NFL who have shown their true colors.  I never understood team loyalty to NFL teams anyway.  Your college team, yes.  An entertainment franchise, no.  The NFL has shown their true colors and I don't care if they stop this right now, I am done with them and will start on their sponsors, next.

6 hours ago, oldtanker said:

OK, lets put this in perspective. The US government doesn't condone cops killing anyone without due cause. If it suspects racism is involved they will investigate in a heartbeat. Most Americans don't condone cops killing people without just cause either. I don't know of any police department that has a shoot first ask questions later policy either. So these protest are full on BS. If they had a legitimate cause I would support said protest. Look up the numbers. I did. This whole matter is something any farmer would spread on his fields.

Rick

What puzzles me about this, and also the Ferguson riots two or three years ago, is that they seem to pick out the cases in which the "victim" was questionable at best.  It's not hard to find instances where a cop was obviously in the wrong, but those don't get protested.

If these "protesters" (professional thugs accompanied by useful idiots) were really interested in stopping hate and "gun" violence, they'd start protesting the nightly black on black shootings and maybe policing their own neighborhoods.

The anarchists are at work here.

1 hour ago, Steve C. said:

What puzzles me about this, and also the Ferguson riots two or three years ago, is that they seem to pick out the cases in which the "victim" was questionable at best.  It's not hard to find instances where a cop was obviously in the wrong, but those don't get protested.

Yea I get you. "OH he was such a good boy!" With a rap sheet as long as both my arms! And I have no problem with a cop being prosecuted when they are in the wrong! Bottom line? When the verdict is in that's it. It's over. You don't see us protesting when your little criminal good boy son gets found not guilty. So don't start when the cop who shot him gets off too.

Rick

49 minutes ago, rsscott said:

The anarchists are at work here.

You bet they are. There are a lot of people... even in elected office... that want to see the US dissolved.

I also don't understand the causes they choose. Like Steve was saying, there are actual cases to pursue but they seem to choose the ones that were thugs and clearly in the wrong.

Screw them all!

I stand tall with my right hand over my heart like a grown man.

8 hours ago, Steve C. said:

If these "protesters" (professional thugs accompanied by useful idiots) were really interested in stopping hate and "gun" violence, they'd start protesting the nightly black on black shootings and maybe policing their own neighborhoods.

Steve,

You nailed it with the second paragraph.

VERY WELLL SAID, THANK YOU!   

Charlie

20 hours ago, Atilathehun99 said:

Umm........ahh........errr........

Tonight Jerry kneeled with his team.

Yep, I blew that one. Guess I don't know what I don't know. My bad.

Lot's of good commentary here.

Been watching some TV reports also------and I got to wondering:

Reckon-------what percent of the NFL/NBA players are actually registered and active voters????

Stand up for the Anthem

------------------   Honor the Flag;

and let the air out of the footsball!!!

DD 

4 hours ago, MTO said:

Image may contain: one or more people, meme and text

Hang that picture in the steelers locker room. 

7 minutes ago, Steve C. said:

That's the most accurate statement I've read thus far. My dad's family was from Baltimore and I remember the secret move. Living in Indiana I also got to witness the Irsays once again threaten a city to get a stadium while we were still paying for the old stadium. I've not been comfortable with the NFL for a while but this removed what little attention for it I had left.

If people really are incensed about it and that reflects their spending then the issue will work itself out.

59 minutes ago, rcb said:

That's the most accurate statement I've read thus far. My dad's family was from Baltimore and I remember the secret move. Living in Indiana I also got to witness the Irsays once again threaten a city to get a stadium while we were still paying for the old stadium. I've not been comfortable with the NFL for a while but this removed what little attention for it I had left.

If people really are incensed about it and that reflects their spending then the issue will work itself out.

I wish Forrest Lucas would take his companies name off of the stadium. 

Saw this on Facebook....

Screenshot_2017-09-26-20-44-12.png

13 minutes ago, mader656 said:

Saw this on Facebook....

Screenshot_2017-09-26-20-44-12.png

360 with endzones plus 150 wide... can someone say 3 tracks? Like old school Tomah

On 9/25/2017 at 9:16 PM, Atilathehun99 said:

Umm........ahh........errr........

Tonight Jerry kneeled with his team.

Your right. I made that post before that happened. I don't follow any sport, I was repeating what I heard on the radio shortly after it all began last year. I guess Jerry Jones is trying to be PC. So much for the Cowboys being "America's Team" as they used to be called. I just think it's a terrible way to draw attention to a problem. It's drawing attention to themselves, not to any social problem and definitely not helping it in anyway. It's seems to be a convenient way to say "I care" without any personal cost or personal effort being made. It's the equivalent of hearing " If there is anything I can do just let me know" comment after a death or tragedy. Often said, seldom meant. But my better half works in a local bakery that has alot of folks coming thru on a daily basis and more than a few are cancelling NFL packages on their Tv and emailing sponsors, etc. Just because something is legal doesn't mean it's right. Waynesboro Baptist Church activities is an example.  And I feel this particular situation is another  illustration of that. Just my 2 cents.

I sent USAA a email today requesting an explanation of their sponsorship of the NFL and to inform them of my intention to end out buisness if they remain a sponsor.  

Its pretty sad when the United Servicemans Automobile Association sponsors an organization that allows this behavior towards the national anthem and the flag of our country while punishing players for prayering 

I will be sending a few more emails to sponsors, and I will back it up with my wallet

I will be interested to see if people are really committed to "voice" their opinion. I've already seen a lot of people who were hot to begin with now saying "Well, I won't let them take away something I enjoy no matter what." There are some honked off people to be sure, but will it be enough to shake the tree?

4 minutes ago, rcb said:

I will be interested to see if people are really committed to "voice" their opinion. I've already seen a lot of people who were hot to begin with now saying "Well, I won't let them take away something I enjoy no matter what." There are some honked off people to be sure, but will it be enough to shake the tree?

Good question. I guess Nielson ratings will be one indicator. Possibly NFL package subscription numbers also. I believe if there is any measurable backlash that the NFL and teams will supress and minimize their levels and impact and negatively label any or all who may participate in any level of boycott.

20 hours ago, SMiller said:

Screw them all!

I stand tall with my right hand over my heart like a grown man.

On 9/24/2017 at 11:56 PM, oldtanker said:

Sorry, gotta disagree. I respect the office of the POTUS. I DO NOT HOWEVER HAVE TO RESPECT THE MAN THAT HOLDS THAT OFFICE! It's kinda like being in the military. You have to respect the rank an individual who outranks you holds. You don't have to respect the person who holds that rank. Respect is earned, not grated. I did not respect our last president. School is still out for me on this one even though I voted for him. There is no way I can respect Hillary even if she had won the election.

I had a Platoon SGT when I was a young SGT. I did as I was ordered and perform to the best of my ability. This man had his favorites and on top of that was a heavy drinker and womanizer not above trying to seduce his subordinates wives or girlfriends. Later in life the was the SGM of the Army where he was relieved and court martialed. Do you think you could have any respect for that man? I did when I was first assigned to his platoon. Once I got to know him just a little I lost all respect for him.

Rick

Oldtanker, I meant what your saying. No matter the clown in the white house the office of the president has to be repected.  Dont salute the man, you salute the rank. Been a few president I havent like but I always have great respect for the office.

bill