Jaa600

National anthem protests

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

I have a little different view.

   I do respect others view BUT if you are a citizen of the Unites States of America you are provided rights most of the worlds citizens could only dream of.  Freedom here is a right no one can take away.  It is not much to ask that you repect the flag that represents to the entire world our freedoms.  Our flag is a banner of freedom.  If anyone makes it to be anything else, they are wrong.  Our flag must be respected!

  The president of the United States is the most powerful man on the planet.  He was elected to his office by "we the people".  There have been presidents I didnt vote for but at all times the President of the United States MUST be repected.  The name of the person holding that office is of no consequence.  Respect is due the office.  Our system may not be perfect, but there is none better.

  I have said it before and I would never hesitate to fire someone in my employe for behavior that disrespected our flag or the president.  

  I watch sports routinely.  NOT TONIGHT.  To the NFL, I am done with you!

  Anyone who chooses not to stand for the national anthem OR chooses to disrespect our president,  please leave my country.    

 

  bill

 Proud American.

  

  

Well said. It seems like there is always something that some want to force upon free people for reasons I can't understand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, billonthefarm said:

I have a little different view.

   I do respect others view BUT if you are a citizen of the Unites States of America you are provided rights most of the worlds citizens could only dream of.  Freedom here is a right no one can take away.  It is not much to ask that you repect the flag that represents to the entire world our freedoms.  Our flag is a banner of freedom.  If anyone makes it to be anything else, they are wrong.  Our flag must be respected!

  The president of the United States is the most powerful man on the planet.  He was elected to his office by "we the people".  There have been presidents I didnt vote for but at all times the President of the United States MUST be repected.  The name of the person holding that office is of no consequence.  Respect is due the office.  Our system may not be perfect, but there is none better.

  I have said it before and I would never hesitate to fire someone in my employe for behavior that disrespected our flag or the president.  

  I watch sports routinely.  NOT TONIGHT.  To the NFL, I am done with you!

  Anyone who chooses not to stand for the national anthem OR chooses to disrespect our president,  please leave my country.    

 

  bill

 Proud American.

  

  

Well said 

x2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wish I had been a NFL fan that watched in the past so me not watching now would help drop their ratings. Bunch of pampered, overpaid, idiots. You would think a few of the fellow players who appreciate the country that allows them to make millions playing a kids game, would have slapped a little sense into the protesters. 

On the bright side, there will be fewer taxpayer funded stadiums getting built for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never happen, but it's to bad that on one Sunday all the fans decided to stay home and the spoiled brats could play by themselves and the owners didn't sell $50 tickets and $10 beer. 

I agree with what my commander in chief said. Only I'd do more than fire the SOB's.

I don't agree with them, but like others, will fight for their right to do it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1st ammendment only protects you from the .gov making laws. An employer can censor you all they want as long as you work for them. The owners will get hurt financially and things will change 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, billonthefarm said:

I have a little different view.

   I do respect others view BUT if you are a citizen of the Unites States of America you are provided rights most of the worlds citizens could only dream of.  Freedom here is a right no one can take away.  It is not much to ask that you repect the flag that represents to the entire world our freedoms.  Our flag is a banner of freedom.  If anyone makes it to be anything else, they are wrong.  Our flag must be respected!

  The president of the United States is the most powerful man on the planet.  He was elected to his office by "we the people".  There have been presidents I didnt vote for but at all times the President of the United States MUST be repected.  The name of the person holding that office is of no consequence.  Respect is due the office.  Our system may not be perfect, but there is none better.

  I have said it before and I would never hesitate to fire someone in my employe for behavior that disrespected our flag or the president.  

  I watch sports routinely.  NOT TONIGHT.  To the NFL, I am done with you!

  Anyone who chooses not to stand for the national anthem OR chooses to disrespect our president,  please leave my country.    

 

  bill

 Proud American.

  

  

Sorry, gotta disagree. I respect the office of the POTUS. I DO NOT HOWEVER HAVE TO RESPECT THE MAN THAT HOLDS THAT OFFICE! It's kinda like being in the military. You have to respect the rank an individual who outranks you holds. You don't have to respect the person who holds that rank. Respect is earned, not grated. I did not respect our last president. School is still out for me on this one even though I voted for him. There is no way I can respect Hillary even if she had won the election.

I had a Platoon SGT when I was a young SGT. I did as I was ordered and perform to the best of my ability. This man had his favorites and on top of that was a heavy drinker and womanizer not above trying to seduce his subordinates wives or girlfriends. Later in life the was the SGM of the Army where he was relieved and court martialed. Do you think you could have any respect for that man? I did when I was first assigned to his platoon. Once I got to know him just a little I lost all respect for him.

 

Rick

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

Sorry, gotta disagree. I respect the office of the POTUS. I DO NOT HOWEVER HAVE TO RESPECT THE MAN THAT HOLDS THAT OFFICE! It's kinda like being in the military. You have to respect the rank an individual who outranks you holds. You don't have to respect the person who holds that rank. Respect is earned, not grated. I did not respect our last president. School is still out for me on this one even though I voted for him. There is no way I can respect Hillary even if she had won the election.

I had a Platoon SGT when I was a young SGT. I did as I was ordered and perform to the best of my ability. This man had his favorites and on top of that was a heavy drinker and womanizer not above trying to seduce his subordinates wives or girlfriends. Later in life the was the SGM of the Army where he was relieved and court martialed. Do you think you could have any respect for that man? I did when I was first assigned to his platoon. Once I got to know him just a little I lost all respect for him.

 

Rick

 

So far.... As POTUS I can respect the job he is trying to do with little to no help.

 

Now in his personal life that is a different story. I also think to a certain extent business is business and personal is personal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, f30puller said:

So far.... As POTUS I can respect the job he is trying to do with little to no help.

 

Now in his personal life that is a different story. I also think to a certain extent business is business and personal is personal. 

Like I said, I respect the office. Right now I fell a little sorry for him because both sides seem to be against him. And I really think it has nothing to do with his tweets or ideas. I think it's because the professional politicians can't stand the idea that a political outsider got elected. They are a little scared. If one political outsider can get elected others can too. If he does a great job then any person off the streets can get elected to the house or senate. Their jobs and most important the power is in jeopardy.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, oldtanker said:

Sorry, gotta disagree. I respect the office of the POTUS. I DO NOT HOWEVER HAVE TO RESPECT THE MAN THAT HOLDS THAT OFFICE! It's kinda like being in the military. You have to respect the rank an individual who outranks you holds. You don't have to respect the person who holds that rank. Respect is earned, not grated. I did not respect our last president. School is still out for me on this one even though I voted for him. There is no way I can respect Hillary even if she had won the election.

I had a Platoon SGT when I was a young SGT. I did as I was ordered and perform to the best of my ability. This man had his favorites and on top of that was a heavy drinker and womanizer not above trying to seduce his subordinates wives or girlfriends. Later in life the was the SGM of the Army where he was relieved and court martialed. Do you think you could have any respect for that man? I did when I was first assigned to his platoon. Once I got to know him just a little I lost all respect for him.

 

Rick

 

    My respect for Trump is very easy . 

            His public VALUES PARALLEL MINE ,simple as that.  He may be a little brash at times but we all know sometimes you have to push the envelop to get things done and get the attention of the Kids.

          I have sat on many boards and if you could hear the "FRANK SPEAK" when trying to change things ,You would blush! We are grown ups and He is dealing with serious business of bringing OUR Nation back on Track. IMHO.

       The man has fortitude ,that many of us can only dream of. He basically has to fight most of His peers to try to do what, imho, is RIGHT for America .

       I did not realize how wide the swamp was. Big majority of this Country has become so Complacent, entitled,  indifferent, Politically Correct, They have no idea what they enjoy in this Country.

       From my vantage point Trump is what America needed to expose the Lethargy of values , entrenched power ,greed and general apathy for this great Country.

      IMHO, if it continues in the course that we were in, we are going to slowly loose it.

            Tony 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, tony in ca. said:

    My respect for Trump is very easy . 

            His public VALUES PARALLEL MINE ,simple as that.  He may be a little brash at times but we all know sometimes you have to push the envelop to get things done and get the attention of the Kids.

          I have sat on many boards and if you could hear the "FRANK SPEAK" when trying to change things ,You would blush! We are grown ups and He is dealing with serious business of bringing OUR Nation back on Track. IMHO.

       The man has fortitude ,that many of us can only dream of. He basically has to fight most of His peers to try to do what, imho, is RIGHT for America .

       I did not realize how wide the swamp was. Big majority of this Country has become so Complacent, entitled,  indifferent, Politically Correct, They have no idea what they enjoy in this Country.

       From my vantage point Trump is what America needed to expose the Lethargy of values , entrenched power ,greed and general apathy for this great Country.

      IMHO, if it continues in the course that we were in, we are going to slowly loose it.

            Tony 

Tony I can understand your reasons for you respecting him. But each of us has our own standards that is shaped by life experiences. Mine is shaped by my experience as a career soldier, yours by farming. Not saying one is better than the other, just different. You and I may agree politically yet I may do things like drink, smoke ECT that affect your overall view of me. The reverse may be true of you. My late FIL for years respected anyone with money. Then in later years as his ship started to float and he got to know a few money people and he learned what they were like as humans he lost that respect for most of them. I respect what Trump is trying, or at least says he's trying to do. Then I read some of the stuff he's putting on twitter. I'm not sure what to think. The bottom line is I want him to succeed.

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rick: Trump has his worts but his heart is in the right place. As long as John Kelly keeps him from putting out too many outlandish tweets, I think all will be well. I like his handling of north Korea and the fact that the Russians now have Kim in their bombsights. After all shooting a missile within 60 miles of the Russian border at Vladavostock would be enough to get Putin angry with him. Putin's response to send a tank brigade to close to north Korea border is good for Trump as the Russians are also po'd at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tony in ca. said:

  

      IMHO, if it continues in the course that we were in, we are going to slowly loose it.

            Tony 

Tony. I agree with your statement with the exception that I think it is not going to be very long IF things don't change quickly.

The snowball has been gaining momentum and going towards the cliff at an increasing rate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our country, the US, has had many issues through the years. Eventually things seem to balance out and we come back stronger than ever. This last election is a case in point. I've have voted for Satan himself over Hillary. I was convinced that she was going to win. Look at colleges. The extremely liberal ones this year have a little problem. It's called declining enrollment. Not just a little either. That gives me hope. Not all kids coming out of high school are little minions doing the masters bidding. A lot are choosing other colleges.  An outsider getting elected POTUS is amazing too. It should put the career politicians on both sides on notice that the status queue is no longer acceptable. Things the news media fail to point out is that well over 50% of Americans are above the poverty line. And a lot of those people vote. Was in the news the other day. ANTIFA is asking for donations so they can buy weapons "to defend themselves". They fail to realize that the people they want to fight, working class citizens, already have weapons, ammo too. I think too that they will fade away now that they are being viewed as a terror group.

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it mainly Football players kneeling during the anthem? I don't follow sports and what I catch on social media about the kneeling I usually just keep scrolling. I haven't anything about hockey, baseball and basketball players kneeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BOBSIH856 said:

Why is it mainly Football players kneeling during the anthem? I don't follow sports and what I catch on social media about the kneeling I usually just keep scrolling. I haven't anything about hockey, baseball and basketball players kneeling. 

Hockey players wear too many pads,

Baseball players are afraid to get uniforms dirty,

and Bball players are too tall. 

And I didn`t see any Nascar drivers kneeling either.

We as ticket/souvenir buyers have control of theses kneeling heros though. 

Even more so than Mr. Trump!

I`m looking to borrow/not return a terrible towel from someone to take to the bonfire this wkd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the Oakland A's took a knee the other day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jass1660 said:

Some of the Oakland A's took a knee the other day.

after equip manager laid down towels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, MTO said:

Hockey players wear too many pads,

Baseball players are afraid to get uniforms dirty,

and Bball players are too tall. 

And I didn`t see any Nascar drivers kneeling either.

We as ticket/souvenir buyers have control of theses kneeling heros though. 

Even more so than Mr. Trump!

I`m looking to borrow/not return a terrible towel from someone to take to the bonfire this wkd.

NASCAR team owners have come out saying that if any member of their team doesn't stand they can take a bus home. Richard Petty was one of those."Childress told reporters he'd "get [a driver] a ride on a Greyhound bus when the national anthem is over,".

And now in the news it's being reported that both viewers and attendance is way down for the NFL. Also being reported by a legal writer is that yes, a player can have his contract terminated if an owner choses for refusing to stand for the national anthem. Also being reported is that sales for the Steelers play, the former Army Ranger have spiked sense he did take the field and stand for the anthem. America is speaking.....with their wallets!

 

Rick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a veterns son .I was taught early the Flag is Everything ! The idiots do not understand it is that flag which has given them the right to protest! Ditch the NFL and watch Nascar At least they and some owners Petty,Childress  have the backbone to say publicly,you don,t stand You Leave !! Period .Makes me proud of them !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:39 AM, ArkLa 1086 said:

Don't know if this is true since I don't follow sports but I believe I heard on the radio shortly after all this started with Kaepernick that the Cowboys owner (I believe it was that team) had a meeting with the players and said that while he respected the players right to have their own opinions but they were his employees and they were required to stand while they were standing on his field, in his stadium and cashing paychecks signed by him. Also I believe yall are right, boycott NFL and sponsors. 

 

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:28 AM, Jaa600 said:

I have heard that too. About the Cowboy and the chiefs. I have no idea if it is true but I do know that none of the Cowboys players partake in the BS. 

Umm........ahh........errr........

 

Tonight Jerry kneeled with his team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

 

Umm........ahh........errr........

 

Tonight Jerry kneeled with his team.

From what I read they knelt before the anthem, and stood during.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZachGrant said:

From what I read they knelt before the anthem, and stood during.

That would be a good way to handle it, but I'm sure some would be disappointed in that too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Atilathehun99 said:

 

Umm........ahh........errr........

 

Tonight Jerry kneeled with his team.

I think social media may be mixing the teams up, I have seen the same post for Kansas City and Dallas

 

i do wonder how how a buisness owner would like to be branded as unpatriotic in the Texas market?  It seems to be a pretty polarized market

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i've noticed on fb the libs have been RELATIVELY quiet about it. Seems to be the issue to break the proverbial back with the closet conservative. The NFL is going to be hit hard. Deservedly so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now