Jaa600

National anthem protests

As a veteran, I respect the right of football players to protest during the playing of the national anthem. I have no idea what they are protesting. Nor do I care. Over-paid bunch of spoiled brats if you ask me (which you didn't). But, they have the right and I will respect their right. However, I have a right not to watch. I also have the right to boycott the NFL sponsors. I have not watched a single game this year and I have no intention of doing so as long as they are protesting whatever it is they are protesting.

9 minutes ago, Jaa600 said:

As a veteran, I respect the right of football players to protest during the playing of the national anthem. I have no idea what they are protesting. Nor do I care. Over-paid bunch of spoiled brats if you ask me (which you didn't). But, they have the right and I will respect their right. However, I have a right not to watch. I also have the right to boycott the NFL sponsors. I have not watched a single game this year and I have no intention of doing so as long as they are protesting whatever it is they are protesting.

AS a fellow vet......WELL SAID!

Rick

9 minutes ago, oldtanker said:

AS a fellow vet......WELL SAID!

Rick

Agreed, and there will be no NFL anything in my house

Thank you for your service all of you veterans.

If I was in charge of a team there would be no players on my team that would protest more than once and still be employed. 

I don't watch any sports nor will I so I guess that I have been boycotting all along

Count me in. Im with Trump, FIRE THOSE SOB's!! Protest any time you would like except the national anthem.

Could I get a list of NFL sponsors?

The way that I see it is this:

If you do not respect the National Anthem of the United States of America, then why are you in the United States of America?

They said social injustice.  But what little I read about it no one ever said what it's all about.   

4 hours ago, bitty said:

If I was in charge of a team there would be no players on my team that would protest more than once and still be employed. 

I don't watch any sports nor will I so I guess that I have been boycotting all along

Well said Bitty,

I don't watch any form of sports at all never have never will, too much money, too much praise! I happen to think the Hard Working  Men / Women need to be praised for what they do day after day.

I don't respect anybody that would protest our National Anthem or our flag Period! I would gladly pay for as many of these POS I could to leave our Great country and go live in N. Korea or under some other dictator and see what they think about our Great country after a few years with out enough food or basic needs or Freedom To Protest!

Way too many Good people have died & continue to die to give me my Freedom that I love and respect!

End of rant.

Charlie  

I don't respect them 

Maybe since this is revolving around sports (which I don't fillow) we could talk with these protestors in sports terms.....if you don't do your job, we will trade you off for someone that will. There are millions of people from other countries who would be glad to pledge allegiance here. What good is it really doing to protest an emblem like a flag? They sure are making a point alright, the problem is nobody knows why.  Whether you lean left or right in politics the flag is still the flag.  It is a symbol of a country, OUR Country,  that affords the right to a lot of amenities that these protestors take for granted.  If you don't like it, "don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you". 

Thanks again to all those who served so I could still love the flag and all that it stands for.  

Don't know if this is true since I don't follow sports but I believe I heard on the radio shortly after all this started with Kaepernick that the Cowboys owner (I believe it was that team) had a meeting with the players and said that while he respected the players right to have their own opinions but they were his employees and they were required to stand while they were standing on his field, in his stadium and cashing paychecks signed by him. Also I believe yall are right, boycott NFL and sponsors. 

46 minutes ago, ArkLa 1086 said:

Don't know if this is true since I don't follow sports but I believe I heard on the radio shortly after all this started with Kaepernick that the Cowboys owner (I believe it was that team) had a meeting with the players and said that while he respected the players right to have their own opinions but they were his employees and they were required to stand while they were standing on his field, in his stadium and cashing paychecks signed by him. Also I believe yall are right, boycott NFL and sponsors. 

I have heard that too. About the Cowboy and the chiefs. I have no idea if it is true but I do know that none of the Cowboys players partake in the BS. 

Don't think Bud Grant (Vikings), Don Shula(Dolphins), Tom Landry(Cowboys) Chuck Knoll (Steelers) Vince ( Packers) would put up

with crap like this.

Racism has been alive and well all my life and I don`t see it ending anytime soon if at all. 

Watched a PBS show last night about a medal of honor man from WWII named Hector Garcia. He couldn`t get served in a restaurant and he was a war hero!

But he worked smart and STILL honored the flag and his country. 

It`s easy to protest, it takes a man to follow through. 

I see no men. 

8 hours ago, bitty said:

X2 !

Tony

Been watching less and less NFL over past several years-----No NFL watched by me last year-----won't be this year either. And have gotten to where I watch very little college footsball anymore.

Hit them hard where it hurts-----need to dry up the TV audience and have empty stadiums on game day. No money will catch the attention of the team owner's in a hurry----------then they will all be on their knees praying that the fans bring the money back.  (hoping the word prayer is not politically incorrect to them)

I urge everyone to pass their thoughts on this matter around via e-mails, texts, face-book, etc.   

Thanks for posting Jaa600.

USMCR  (1962----1968)

DD 

1 hour ago, Delta Dirt said:

Been watching less and less NFL over past several years-----No NFL watched by me last year-----won't be this year either. And have gotten to where I watch very little college footsball anymore.

Hit them hard where it hurts-----need to dry up the TV audience and have empty stadiums on game day. No money will catch the attention of the team owner's in a hurry----------then they will all be on their knees praying that the fans bring the money back.  (hoping the word prayer is not politically incorrect to them)

I urge everyone to pass their thoughts on this matter around via e-mails, texts, face-book, etc.   

Thanks for posting Jaa600.

USMCR  (1962----1968)

DD 

Agree with you 100 % but im afraid there are too many people who have to have their football fix and dont care or are not paying attention to their disrespect to our country and flag. If they want to protest something fine and good, but this seems like a poorly thought out way to do it and disrespectful to even those who might otherwise agree with whatever point they are trying to make. Which by the way this has been going on for over a year and im still not sure they are making a clear point to many people just exactly what is is they are protesting or want done about it. I seriously doubt Dr Martin Luther King would have found this an apropriate way to go about it. In short the only thing their kneeling during the anthem has done for me is to earn my disrespect.

2 hours ago, iowaboy1965 said:

Agree with you 100 % but im afraid there are too many people who have to have their football fix and dont care or are not paying attention to their disrespect to our country and flag.

I was thinking the same thing. Too many people are so obsessed over sports and revolving their lives around sports, they don't give it a second thought. When they see coverage of these guys protesting, I'll bet they even think to themselves "look at those jerks protesting, that's ridiculous!", but I'll bet they keep watching. So you wanna protest something, ok, but at least be respectful and honor the people (living and deceased) that made it so you can protest. I'm guessing none of these guys protesting have a father in their lives that is/was a veteran. 

Sad day in any nation when people who kids are supposed to look to for leadership cant show respect for those who have given them the luxury.  Yes they can do what they want, but yes I can not like it.  Quick sent a few emails off to some companies I know sponsor the Seahawks.  Cant hurt.  The anthem is to unite and make us 1 for 2 minutes.  Now multi-millionaire brats think dissing it and our flag will some how change society.  Sad

The NFL football commish tried burying his head in the sand by diverting attention away from the NFL players by saying how much the NFL players had done for the hurricane victims of the last 2 storms. Well good for them,  however, you still need to respect the flag of the USA. 

19 hours ago, Jaa600 said:

great way to say it

9 hours ago, Timothy56 said:

Don't think Bud Grant (Vikings), Don Shula(Dolphins), Tom Landry(Cowboys) Chuck Knoll (Steelers) Vince ( Packers) would put up

with crap like this.

And Mike Ditka

The fake PC left has been wanting to take down the NFL for years.  They hate masculinity and anything that resembles violence that isn't their own.  These protests are their plan coming together.  The protesting players and angry fans don't realize they're being 'played' for a larger agenda.

I have a little different view.

I do respect others view BUT if you are a citizen of the Unites States of America you are provided rights most of the worlds citizens could only dream of.  Freedom here is a right no one can take away.  It is not much to ask that you repect the flag that represents to the entire world our freedoms.  Our flag is a banner of freedom.  If anyone makes it to be anything else, they are wrong.  Our flag must be respected!

The president of the United States is the most powerful man on the planet.  He was elected to his office by "we the people".  There have been presidents I didnt vote for but at all times the President of the United States MUST be repected.  The name of the person holding that office is of no consequence.  Respect is due the office.  Our system may not be perfect, but there is none better.

I have said it before and I would never hesitate to fire someone in my employe for behavior that disrespected our flag or the president.  

I watch sports routinely.  NOT TONIGHT.  To the NFL, I am done with you!

Anyone who chooses not to stand for the national anthem OR chooses to disrespect our president,  please leave my country.    

bill

Proud American.