I am searching for manifolds for my 1977 2010 with 537 V8.

I have searched my area and must have the last truck still running. I can't find anything local.

I'm open to salvage yard suggestions, engines for sale, options to try, anything to get my grain truck back on the road.

I can be reached via email at randbriversidefarm@gmail.com

Thanks for your assistance.

Rod

KIMG1141.jpg

Electricnorthman

Welcome to the forum.    I will show my ignorance here, what is 537 engine?  Any of the Fleetstar 2010's that I've worked on have had the  549 or 478 gasoline engine,  I'm just not sure what the 537 engine is.

Have you tried to find a Navistar dealer?

GT&T

also only know 549.....  will sell whole truck......reasonable offer/trade

here is a listing, it appears to be sold .  But at least there is hope :)

International 478 GAS For Sale | VanderHaags.com

The V537 was the same engine series as the V605.  The DV462, DV550 series was the diesel version of these.  Completely different engine series than the 401,461,478,549 engines.  I do notice that the exhaust manifold gasket is same for both 537 and 605, so guessing the manifolds were same as well. I do not know if the DV550 exhaust was the same or not.  The 605 was a very popular engine for irrigation,  so I'd sure try calling some of the irrigation engine service places in the big irrigation country.  Duerst Machine in Burlington, Colorado would be one to try, (719) 346-5348, at one time they had a rather extensive irrigation engine boneyard. 

11 hours ago, Kevingweq said:

here is a listing

Just an fyi --- the manifold in the link i posted above was found with a part number search

it appears the 478 and 537 shared same exhaust manifolds ?

15 hours ago, Kevingweq said:

it appears the 478 and 537 shared same exhaust manifolds ?

Could very well be....I don't have a parts book that has the V537 in it, and that 448238C1 number doesn't show up and in any of the books I do have.

Does the 537 look like the 549? I just saw an engine in a scrap yard that I thought was a 549,it was on a generator.